Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 4:55pm
I'm wondering if anyone has recorded a 4 part documentary series that was shown on BBC 1 last week.

It's called 'Real Men' and it's about some of the toughest jobs in britain.

I've looekd on the BBC website and found nothing of it even existing on there and theres nothing I can find on the BBC Archive Trial thang either frown

Anyone help me out?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 4:57pm
Its on the BBC iPlayer (depends if the episode you want is before last Friday though), but also UK Nova have all the episodes from the current series.

If you need it off UK Nova, i can send you my login details as its hard to get an account there.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:01pm
Cheers Matty.

I'm after all the epsisodes which began friday, so looks like the BBC iPlayer won't be worth it frown

Any chance you can get the vids for me?

Can I still register with the BBC iPlayer? I can't find anywhere to do so on the iPlayer Topic
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:02pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayerbeta/find_out_more.shtml - You should be able to register there, I dunno how long it takes for them to accept you, but most people I know have been within a day or so.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:11pm
ahh cool registered now smile

any chance you can get hold of the vids for me?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:15pm
I could but they are 300MB each, so it would be hours to upload them lol, easier for ye to download em.

UK Nova would be the fastest way unless you already have the login details for iPlayer.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:21pm
Great sites for Episodes.. You might be able to download them but i prefare just to watch.

www.tv-links.co.uk

www.episodenetwork.com

http://www3.alluc.org

http://www.ovguide.com (this is an extensive list of sites)

www.channelchooser.com - Live Streaming TV from around the world also has an adult section which for isnt recommended as its full of popups and adverts so stay clear or if you dont care about em then have a look smile

Enjoy smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:31pm
already tried Tv-links matey, nothing on there.

will give the others a try though, cheers happy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:35pm
Just registered to UK Nova - Pretty much instantly got an email to confirm my account.

Currently downloading all 4 episodes.

Thanks very much for your help laugh thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:37pm
Sweet as fook lol, they only allow a handful of registrations each day cos they have a user limit in place, so ye lucky bleeder lmao!

The speeds are lethal though bananadance
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:38pm
Been trying for ages to get a Registration for that site havnt even got one yet LOL still waiting for that time so you can laugh
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:40pm
Fook me, tis amazingly quick 40 seeders, 1 leecher lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:42pm
Nice laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:43pm
Hehe, I can max out my 8Mbps connection on a single torrent on there. Great when you missed ya fave program (or in my case, I have made a munch and wanna sit down and watch sumthin only to find me Sky+ is having sound problems lol).

Its cos it works on a ratio, so everyone shares, its the way BitTorrent should be.

I got my ratio doubled for free when the new v2.0 custom built site and forums were launched, so now my ratio is like 200 (at least 90 - 100 is where you want to be at to get the downloads straight away).

I love the site, just make sure ye upload as much as ye can, even if you highly throttle BT when doing it.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 5:50pm
Aint had a look into yet, but how do you upload stuff and share?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 6:00pm
nevermind, just work like any other torrent site lol.

great stuff smile

already downloaded 2 episodes, and the other 2 are just over 50%
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 6:03pm
You have to become an uploader, which requires you to contact them. The reason being firstly, they verify your uploads to build an element of trust etc, secondly they dont want people on slow connections, or who arnt going to upload for long enough to gain more seeds, and thirdly, they have some rules of what can and can't be uploaded.

For example, you cant upload stuff that will be released on DVD within 42 days or has been released on DVD, except in cases where they have acquired special permission, there are certain "high profile" shows that can't go up without special permission because otherwise it causes problems for the management (like the recent Doctor Who series, the BBC gave them permission to upload each episode for 7 days after broadcast).

Also, everything has to be UK programming, they dont want and wont allow the latest episode of Lost or 24 for instance.

Basically, the rules they have, help keep the service running as good as does, and the TV companies dont mind them running the service, the BBC has even endorsed it on multiple occasions, and used it as examples in press conferences etc of how p2p can help deliver iPlayer content.

They also have a very tight nit community on there, and dont tolerate crappy uploads etc.

The other main thing is, they are 99% of the time looking for people who can cap programs rather then just download them off another site and upload them on UK Nova.

They have a very strict "respect" rule, whereby they respect other sites rights not to have the content re-distributed etc...

Its all politics, but all I use it for is downloading and its out of this world for that haha!

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 6:08pm
Didnt know that it was all pretty legit.

It's great for leeching lol and if I had the time and a decent TV card, I'd cap stuff too.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 6:12pm
Yeah I agree mate, tis amazing for leaching, thats all I use it for, when I leach something though I seed it for at least a few days, keeps ya ratio up.

Even if ye throttle the upload of BT excessively, it should keep ya ratio okay.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 6:17pm
i use bitcomet, just find it better to use than bt

i'll keep it open for a bit, but i think it crashes my comp after a while, still not formatted since i put that dodgy version of xp on about a year ago lol

anyways, off topic now, a solution has been found lol. Topic can be closed if necessary smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 23rd Aug 2007 9:12pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Been trying for ages to get a Registration for that site havnt even got one yet LOL still waiting for that time so you can laugh

I just got ahold of a generic account (went to the signup thing and it worked) by chance lol, if you want Lee let me know.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Looking for a Programme - 25th Aug 2007 10:09am
Yes please if possible cause it'l be intresting.. There be no point in my uploading though as VM suck!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Programme - 25th Aug 2007 10:53am
Sent you the detail's fella wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral