Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Clock problem with pc? - 19th Aug 2007 8:30pm
Hmmm, the clock on my pc is losing its time, it does it even when its still turned on at the wall.
Puzzled me a bit, i have replaced the battery on the motherboard with no avail.
Anyone know what else could cause this?

I do use pirated software/ cracks etc but have never come across anything like this before? think

My bios was flashed about 2 months ago to the latest version.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Clock problem with pc? - 19th Aug 2007 8:49pm
Much as would like to blame Windoze (I am a Linux user) the answer is more likely hardware hogging interrupts. This loses clock ticks.

Turn off any suspect hardware in System manager till you find the fishhead.

Have you installed an new gizmos?

Good Luck Andy.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clock problem with pc? - 19th Aug 2007 9:34pm
yes, i installed a tv tunercard but removed it when i realised my graphics card was a vivo one.
Thanks mate, bet you it was that piece of s**t tv card! mad
I`ve had crap with it in the past.
Hmmm, time to do a reinstall then, frown i would use linux if i knew how and if it supported more games and drivers wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Clock problem with pc? - 20th Aug 2007 11:59am
OK...

Glad to help

Andy
Posted By: Mark Re: Clock problem with pc? - 26th Aug 2007 12:42am
Strangly enough this happened today with my "main" pc ??
Never seen the clock out ever at all and today it was gaining an hour in an hour ?? wtf ?

Even after sync the clock it ran fast again,
soi'm now thinking all kinds.

So i ran windows updates and rebooted and its been fine ever since wink

May have been due to installing java a few days ago and not rebooting, apart from that its MS telling me to reboot.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Clock problem with pc? - 26th Aug 2007 9:25am
One simple solution turn off Internet Time this is stupid and hardly ever works properly.. All you do is phone 123 set the clock a minute before from 123 then Keep typing 00 in the Seconds bit untill you here the precisly bit then click ok then you have a clock running exactly right.. Internet Time is crap and is turned on by Default and always makes the clock run strange... Never in my life have i ever used it.. laugh If that doesnt work then its a Hardware issue.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Clock problem with pc? - 26th Aug 2007 9:28am
To turn off internet time all together goto Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services when the page loads up scroll down to Windows Time right click it then click Properties then disable then ok then Reboot your PC to make sure things work right to do a test to see if you clock stays the Same then the problem will be solved.. Like i said if that didnt work and your clock is still doing it it'l be a hardware problem so i cant help you.. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Clock problem with pc? - 26th Aug 2007 9:41am
Originally Posted by Scudo_Andy
Much as would like to blame Windoze (I am a Linux user) the answer is more likely hardware hogging interrupts. This loses clock ticks.

Turn off any suspect hardware in System manager till you find the fishhead.

Have you installed an new gizmos?

Good Luck Andy.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral