Forums
Posted By: Mark Digital home technology given OK - 10th Aug 2007 8:52am
Digital home technology given OK

Originally Posted by BBC
A wireless technology that could hasten the arrival of the connected digital home has been give the green light by media regulator Ofcom.
Ultra-Wideband (UWB), as it is known, can be used to connect devices such as PCs, mp3 players and digital cameras.

New legislation will mean UK users will not need a licence to use UWB devices when they hits shelves in the future.

UWB uses part of the radio spectrum to transfer large amounts of data, such as media files, over short distances.

Data can be shifted over distances of around 30m at up to 2 gigabits per second. However, its main use will be over much shorter distances for wireless USB, enabling a host of devices to connect to a PC without cables.

read more clickme
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Digital home technology given OK - 10th Aug 2007 2:35pm
Lol yeah, some cpanies from Japan have been getting told off for selling their products to the UK market before the licenseing situation had been cleared up lmao.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Digital home technology given OK - 10th Aug 2007 10:08pm
my god stuff like this gives me a bad head trying to understand it all raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Digital home technology given OK - 11th Aug 2007 1:51am
Its like a mixture of what Bluetooth and Wifi provide atm, only faster and supposedly across greater distances.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Digital home technology given OK - 11th Aug 2007 6:56am
Originally Posted by fasterste
my god stuff like this gives me a bad head trying to understand it all raftl

like bruce willis said in die hard, "u think progress peaked with frozen pizza" raftl
Posted By: jonah Re: Digital home technology given OK - 11th Aug 2007 6:58am
it'll end up like SKYNET in Terminator 2.... it'll end up becoming self aware then kick fook out of the human race... yipee
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Digital home technology given OK - 11th Aug 2007 10:04am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Its like a mixture of what Bluetooth and Wifi provide atm, only faster and supposedly across greater distances.

smile

thanks for that mate at least some one being helpfull and not just trying to think of something funny to say
© Wirral-Wikiwirral