Forums
Posted By: MattLFC o2 Gains iPhone Contract - 5th Jul 2007 8:56pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Mobile phone operator O2 is reported to have won the sought-after deal to sell Apple's iPhone in the UK.

Press reports said that O2 is set to sign an exclusive contract shortly and should have the new phones on sale in time for Christmas.

A spokesman for O2, which is owned by Spain's Telefonica, declined to comment on the reports.

Im not particuarly bother about this tbh, £299 for the phone on an 18 month £50 per month contract (expected price, cud be upto £499 for the lowest contract) is an absolute rip off whether it has an iPod built into it or not, but there we go hehe!

BBC News Report
Posted By: jonah Re: o2 Gains iPhone Contract - 5th Jul 2007 10:41pm
hmmmmmmmm still wanna have a look at one tho, think i want an n95 next tho tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: o2 Gains iPhone Contract - 5th Jul 2007 10:48pm
Thier giving the N95 away nowadays, apparently their has been a lot of returns, not sure why though.

o2 will do a refurb one (they have so much N95 refurb stock, its actually an official handset offering now) on a £35 a month contract for free if you push, or about £40.00, which is stupidly low for the phone it is.

Im awaiting to see what SE do with the K850i, I hope they offer it with and without the K810i style buttons as the samples I have seen so far all have the K810i style buttons.

The K800/K810 is still the best phone on the market all-round, it has the same software and sound quality as the Walkman phones, it still has the very best phone camera on the market (with a real flash), the size and styling are amazing, and its battery life is nothing short of exceptional!!

They got a very hard job to make the K850 an even better phone!

I probably wont keep it though, ill prob sell it and get a Blackberry, im been thinking about getting one a lot lately.

smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: o2 Gains iPhone Contract - 9th Jul 2007 11:06am
O2 wanted £50 a month from me to have a Nokia N95 free. Decided not to bother as the reviews of it have been quite poor compared to Sony and Samsung.

I have read some poor reviews of the IPhone as well. looks a bit of a gimik to me. Hopefully i am proved wrong

I have a newK810i and find the battery life to be really poor compared to my old Samsung, it requires a charge every 2 or 3 days.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: o2 Gains iPhone Contract - 9th Jul 2007 6:28pm
Wow, the battery life on my old K800 was like 10 days without a charge, 7 if I was talking reguarly. Even when it was like 10% if I didnt use it much it was still good for at least 2 days. You sure its not faulty, as they havent actually changed much other then looks and a bit of refinement in the software in the software.

Thats one thing I really miss now I dont have my K800, the battery life. Its rated at like 15 days standby which by all accounts is massive.

Ive recently been looking at the o2 Jet, its a simple crappy phone, just about got a colour screen lol, but its like 22+ days standby time, basically the phone is built for the battery life.

Yeah, the N95 aint up to much, but o2 are doing refurbished ones for cheapish atm (they have been getting a lot of returns as people arnt impressed with them). I personally would rather have the N93i, its got a better camera for starters and it looks mint, but having said that, im someone who ditched a K800 for a 8850 and currently have a Siemens S25 with me Psyedocolour screen haha lmao grin

If you have any interest in seeing the iPhone in action, there is an excellent review on this weeks BBC Click , it shows all the flaws and what its lacking etc, its actually quite surprising that Apple have got basic things like the sound quality of calls pretty crap.

Its the same old story, trying to make the phone do everything, but they forget the basics.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral