Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Virgin 1 To Launch This Autumn! - 12th Jun 2007 12:23am
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Virgin Media TV has confirmed it will launch a new entertainment channel, Virgin 1, which will be available on Sky, cable and digital terrestrial television in the autumn.

The channel will mix newly commissioned and acquired programming with user-generated content and content from Virgin Media pay-TV channels. Catch-ups, previews and exclusive content will be available via broadband and Virgin Media on-demand.

It is thought the channel will be pitched somewhere between its female-targeted channel Living and the male-targeted Bravo, and may replace Virgin Media TV's FTN channel on DTT.

Celia Taylor has been appointed director of programming for the channel alongside her responsibilities for Bravo, Bravo 2, Challenge and Trouble. She will report to Claudia Rosencrantz, director of television.

Lol, so basically its yet another Flextech channel. I can see them dropping Bravo and LivingTV early 2008 as a result.

smile

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin 1 To Launch This Autumn! - 12th Jun 2007 9:01am
So virgin launch Channel 1
And then High Definition comes along.

So are we going to say

VD1

Vee Dee One

They havnt thought that far ahead lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin 1 To Launch This Autumn! - 12th Jun 2007 9:06am
Ive heard they got exlusive rights to show the Manchester Mardi Gras, and it will not only be available on Virgin 1, but also via the on-demand function so one can watch it over and over again until thier hearts content.

And of course, it will be shown in full HD, who would want to watch a Mardi Gras in anything but HD??

Branston Pickle has apparently said they will differentiate from Sky One by supporting more and exclusive UK programming, and backing a lot more arts and culture material. Well, I suppose the Mardi Gras comes under that label lol.

grin
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin 1 To Launch This Autumn! - 12th Jun 2007 9:07am
Wow the future is bright with Virgin.

I wont pay for that i know that much lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin 1 To Launch This Autumn! - 12th Jun 2007 9:11am
I still wanna know what happened to the Virgin Sports News channel - it seems their trying to get too big too fast.

Mind you the name "Virgin Sports News" sounds a bit dodgy to say the least, almost as though its a newspaper/magazine focused upon beginners in sports lol.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral