Forums
Posted By: MattLFC PVR's Chnaging How We Watch TV - 30th May 2007 2:54pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Personal video recorders (PVRs) let audiences create their own schedules, tailored to their mood.

Cynics might argue this is nothing new - after all, people have struggled to clear piles of videotapes lying around their living rooms for the past 25 years.

But there is something more ruthless about having a list of shows ready to go at a moment's notice.

The concept, dubbed "timeshifting", applies whether viewers record a show or if they see it on a separate "+1" service, where the entire output of a channel is shown again with a 60-minute delay, to maximise viewing opportunities.

I myself have been using Sky+ for over 3 years now and I have to say its probably something I could not live without now. It totally changes the way one views television, no longer am I dictated to by schedules, I watch what I want and when I want, and I can watch two programs that were being broadcast at the same time.

The Sky+ interface is so easy to use, its even easier then using a DVD player and its so simple to record things. I never miss my favourite programs because of the series link feature, which means all my favourite shows get automatically recorded.

Its how television should be, and with Sky removing the £10 subscription charge for Sky+ in July, it is hopefully going to become available to a LOT more people!

smile

BBC News Article
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: PVR's Chnaging How We Watch TV - 30th May 2007 6:02pm
I'd love to have Sky+ just for that feature.

It justs saves me a lot of money having freeview channels, although I'd love to have channels like discovery and sky one.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: PVR's Chnaging How We Watch TV - 30th May 2007 6:06pm
Well if ye ever get Freesat from Sky, the Sky+ features can be used for £10.00 per month without a Sky subscription.

However, if one has a Sky subscription for £15 a month, not only doe ye get the extra channels, but the Sky+ features are free now (they have scrapped the £10 per month charge) and of course ye broadband is included in that if ye wanted it.

The only downer is its £99 for the PVRv3 box (160GB, Sky Anytime) and installation, but I had to pay £199 for a PVRv2 (40GB, no Sky Anytime) about 3 years ago so its come down in price lol.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral