Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Nintendo Reveal Impressive Wii & DS Plans - 1st May 2007 9:21am
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata has unveiled impressive development plans for the Nintendo Wii and DS consoles.

During a Tokyo press conference, Iwata stated that the firm is currently developing 45 new games for the Wii and a further 79 for the DS with the first due out at the end of the summer.

Although he offered no details on game titles or release dates, the news will please industry watchers who have criticised the firm for offering a 'limited' range of Wii games.

On Thursday, Nintendo posted a 77 per cent rise in profits for the quarter ending March 31, leaving many city analysts speechless. The firm revealed that 123 million DS games and 29 million Wii titles were sold over the past financial year.

Quality stuff, Nintendo seem like they are really working well to make these consoles a success and both of them are already showing that fancy graphics and impressive hardware specifications mean very little when it comes to making and playing games consoles!

smile

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Nintendo Reveal Impressive Wii & DS Plans - 1st May 2007 10:52pm
Great news.

Although I'm not much of a console fan, I'd prefer to own both the Wii and the DS over any rival consoles - Anyday!

I think that has been Nintendo's biggest downfall with their consoles so far - lack of games.

As you say, just goes to show that fancy graphics and impressive hardware specifications mean very little when it comes to making and playing games consoles

happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral