Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 1:22pm
Been looking at tagging solutions for my websites as the Log Analysers are producing wrong figures frown

Anyone got any experience with tagging solutions? I have looked at webtrends onDemand and Nedstats, but Google offer a free web tagging solution called google analytics, does anyone rate it?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 1:37pm
Sorry for going off topic, but after seeing the title of this thread I instantly thought about pointing you towards www.ratemypoo.com raftl
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 1:50pm
ha ha. Nice one
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 1:54pm
Lmao Stuy.

I used to use Urchin for all my sites and client sites (Server side analytics), but Google bought them and it is no more. However, I believe a lot of the Urchin technology has been filtering through to Google Analytics.

I don't use it, so I don't know if its that good, but Mark has used it for ages and raves about it. So he would be a better person to tell ye about it. The thing thats putting me off using it, is on WebHostingTalk, their have been a few threads questioning the reliability and accurateness of the service???

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 4:44pm
I didn't know i was lol...

I'm using webalizer if that's the same one?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 4:58pm
You said you were using Google to analyse visitors to the site etc... You have told me this a few times??

This is Google Analytics

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Log analyser - 23rd Apr 2007 5:15pm
Haaa now i know what you mean, no its not a plug in,
its part of google site maps smack

I have no idea if its reliable or not.

Sorry frown

Pm Sent wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral