Forums
Posted By: MattLFC EU To Investigate iTunes Pricing Differences - 3rd Apr 2007 12:11pm
Originally Posted by BBC News Report
The EU has launched an inquiry into what Apple's online music store iTunes charges users across Europe, accusing it of restricting customer choice.
Brussels believes agreements between Apple and record companies violate EU laws by preventing users in one country buying music from a site elsewhere.

The move follows a complaint by UK body Which? that British users have to pay more to download songs than others.

Apple said it wanted to offer a single European service but faced obstacles.

I hope the EU fook Apple over this. Why should someone in the UK pay 79p for something that in France or Germany would cost just 66p for exactly the same things?? VAT can't be blamed as it is standardized to the country that the company has it's registered office in, and Germand and France have higher level's of VAT anyway.

Its about time the UK got the same deal as the rest of Europe, Apple are making an absolute mint out of the UK charging 79p, as they are obviously making a good profit margin charging 66p.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: EU To Investigate iTunes Pricing Differences - 3rd Apr 2007 3:43pm
Good Call wink

I've never bought on-line but why should a few milliseconds make a difference?

Probably 3 years before the answer comes out and by then
they will change the way its priced and get away with it.
How do you mean milliseconds??

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: EU To Investigate iTunes Pricing Differences - 3rd Apr 2007 5:23pm
Ping --->>

Cant be that much more from the UK to Europe
What does that have to do with the price though??

Ping can be anything from anywhere, it can 900ms from me to London if i get null routed, and only 28ms from me to Amsterdam if I get a good peering route.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: EU To Investigate iTunes Pricing Differences - 4th Apr 2007 2:14pm
OTT matty frown

I was making the point that with today's internet,
there are no seconds between global boarders, so i can click
a download button, and be downloading from America,
and i wouldn't know the difference as the down load begins.
As it may be from Ozz or Europe, who knows or who cares?
As long as we get what we want.

So why should a the prices be different when there is less than a second between locations? (Internet time)?

Its not as though a song is being loaded on a Truck, or a plane and sent to me, its coming via a internet connection.

Originally Posted by MattyC
What does that have to do with the price though??

Not a lot, only the reference to internet time it takes to get there.

Didn't Microsoft Change there prices for the same reasons?
After the release of Vista?

Yes, but one can't download from the EU or US iTunes without using a proxy. Its down to profits, and the UK is seen by a lot of companies as a perfect candidate to rip people off.

If they are found to be overcharging, I will be very interested, because it could set such a strong precident, that they will become liable to refund people the amounts they have been overcharged...

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: EU To Investigate iTunes Pricing Differences - 4th Apr 2007 2:24pm
Will be interesting to see the out come,
as a trend or precedent could be in the making again,
as in Microsoft Changed there tune, but i didn't see or hear
refunds anywhere, and i doubt refunds will be apart of there
results either.

But i didn't know they were over charging so its news to a lot of us, even if we don't use itunes.
Refunds will never be a part of an agreement... but people often get it to happen when one person takes them to court demanding a refund and wins.

This is exactly why the banks will NEVER defend themselves for bank charges in court... because if just one person wins against them, and the court deems the charges unlawful, then it sets the precident, and the banks then become automatically liable to repay what they have overcharged everyone over the past 6 years.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral