Forums
Posted By: Mark The Big Switch On / Off - 16th Mar 2007 5:24pm
Time is approaching faster than we think,

First digital TV switch date set

[Linked Image] The date has been set for the first stage of the UK's digital TV switchover to take place.
About 25,000 households in the Whitehaven area of western Cumbria will be the first to have the old analogue signal switched off, from 17 October.

BBC Two will be the first channel to go, with the remaining analogue channels switched off on 14 November.

All residents will need some form of digital TV by that date, with the whole of the UK to follow by the end of 2012.

Every TV set in the country must be....... Read More BBC News

So where booked in for 2009 ?

Are You ready for Digital ?

I found more information if you havent a clue what's going on

Digital - Switch Over
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Big Switch On / Off - 19th Mar 2007 11:01pm
Im ready for digital and I have made sure my mother is by getting her Sky Digital installed.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: The Big Switch On / Off - 19th Mar 2007 11:04pm
Downstairs, we have a freeview box into a normal analogue signal telly.

Mother doesnt see the point in using both the TV and the Freeview box to watch normal channels (BBC 1 - Five)

I've explained it to her many a time, but she wont listen to me.

Perhaps she'll listen in 2009?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Big Switch On / Off - 19th Mar 2007 11:22pm
Well if in 2009 she doesnt want to listen to your advice, she will still be able to listen to the radio until they turn all the MW/VHF signal's off as well haha!! grin
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: The Big Switch On / Off - 19th Mar 2007 11:24pm
bah, never thought of that lol.

so all MW signals are going too? What about FM?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Big Switch On / Off - 19th Mar 2007 11:28pm
Nah am only kiddin ya, they won't be shutting down the MW or VHF frequencies, afaik, just the analogue signal's on the UHF part of the spectrum (ie. television).

Im pretty sure the LW/MW/VHF spectrums are safe (for now at least) as they are pretty crap for digital signal's and DTT only currently uses UHF to be DVB or DAB compliant atm anyway so there would be no gain.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral