Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v Msn Beta 8.0 - 19th Jun 2006 9:07pm
Has anyone else downloaded the new MSN beta 8.0. seems ok, but looks a lot like Windows messenger.

Well will see how it goes for the next few days.

Also anyone else got the new Windows media player Beta 11. seemed ok, but not everytime i close it im getting a pop up window which i cant close unless i go to task manager and close it that way. give it a bit longer and hopefully it will be ironed out and they will release the full version.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 19th Jun 2006 9:41pm
hmmm Windows + Beta = disaster!

mind you, windows alone is a disaster in itself raftl

anywho, to answer your question, no I havnt, and I don't think I will be after the comments. Otherwise, that Windows Messenger Live looks and behaves alright.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 19th Jun 2006 9:44pm
The missus did have the microsoft messenger live e-mail beta, and it was plop. horrible to work with screen was cramped. just didnt like the way it worked and also was silly slow.

however like i say the msn messanger seems ok. for now.

also got an update for my firefox browser, "fasterfox" only sped it up a few milliseconds but every second counts on 1mg B/B
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 12:46am
The original MSN Live BETA was awsome, but when it got to .0566 they reverted back to a very similar interface to the existing MSN Messenger software. Also, it became very buggy, so I (and most people I know) stopped using it.

I am not sure what it is like now, hopefully they have bought the original look back into it, but i doubt it.

The original was sooooooo nice and made a refreshing change from the current MSN Messenger look!

smile
Posted By: Lund Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 1:33pm
I downloaded SKYPE Skype

I use that a bit ,now aswell as MSN, with Skype its mainly other countries in Europe that use it, but i keep in touch with my mates in Lithuania with it... You can have conversation, mic and speakers and webcam if you want, its free, speak with people over the world for free, no need to ring that costs alot of money laugh

you can ring phones from skype but you do hav to pay for that.

happy
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 1:47pm
yer got skype aswell but dont use it cos dont have friends or family in other countries. also havent got a mic on my computer. no need for one just yet.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 3:44pm
Msn 7.5 with Msn Plus 3.63 installed, Sorted wink .

i've used that new MSN a few months ago, the orange one were there is a huge advert at the bottom? Didn't like it at all.
Thought it was toast! Didn't like the way that you have to make folders for 'Sharing' etc.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 7:21pm
I've got the MSN Live.. I think its ok, bit crap on the 'Voice convos'.. Looks pretty now ive changed the colour and got rid of the annoying ads smile And as for the 'Sharing'.. It wont let me do that.. ah well, i still thinks its good.. Cant run Skype the same time tho or my comp shats itself.. smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Msn Beta 8.0 - 20th Jun 2006 10:56pm
Originally posted by GazzA:
Msn 7.5 with Msn Plus 3.63 installed, Sorted wink .
same ere
© Wirral-Wikiwirral