Forums
Posted By: Lund Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 3:06pm
Wireless Network

Im am having a problem with my D-link wireless network at home, sometimes when the computer starts, this error message comes up:

"wzcsldr2 has caused an error.

wzcsldr2 will now close."

Then the wireless adaptor just keeps searching for the router/gateway (on my PC), but cannot find it, so therefore i cant get on the internet on the other computer. (USB
wireless). Connected to my comp i have the router/ADSL modem , the other comp is runnin off the USB ..

err any suggestions!? :(:(

Has anyone heard of this before?

Lund (I have researched on thew web and found a guy with the same problem, but came to no result...)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 3:28pm
Try uninstalling the wirless network adpater drivers and software and then reinstalling it (this is not a problem with your router).

This seems a common problem, and sometimes can be a right pain in the arse from what I have red on the internet.

See this link for a bit more information and other peoples experiences with this problem.

Also note that it can be a virus, but as its causing problems with your connection to the router, I expect in this case that it isnt.

Hope that is of some help.

smile
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 4:24pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Try uninstalling the wirless network adpater drivers and software and then reinstalling it (this is not a problem with your router).

This seems a common problem, and sometimes can be a right pain in the arse from what I have red on the internet.

See this link for a bit more information and other peoples experiences with this problem.

Also note that it can be a virus, but as its causing problems with your connection to the router, I expect in this case that it isnt.

Hope that is of some help.

smile

Hya Matt,

Tried re-installing it several times over, , unistalled it then re-installed it, still get the same problem, however every once in a blue moon it connects for 2 seconds, shuts off, connects, shuts off for about 5 seconds a time... It's so frustrating, had it functioning fine last nite, (only had it since Satdurday). It just doesnt want to connect. It picks up the router/ADSL but wont connect ot it! cry cry Soooo frustrating knowing thats its been doen before so why not again!!!???!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 4:48pm
Do you mean you have only had the network adapter since yesterday? Or the problem?

smile
Posted By: newnes Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 8:11pm
what are your ip settings? auto or manual? could be a problem with the dhcp server in the router - just a thought smile

you know the ip for the router? and the computer? and any other computers on the network?

to get ya ip ya can go to start, run and type in cmd, then ya get a black box (ms dos) and type in "ipconfig /all" without d quotes and then post it on ere smile i reckon dat will b d problem meself

or if its on 98 i fink ya go to start, run, an type in ipconfig and then press relese all, then renew and that should get ya sorted - if memory serves me right
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 7th Jan 2007 9:46pm
I would normally say reinstall the driver as that sounds like the driver for the wireless card has corrupt.

See if there is any updated Driver versions of that wireless card on the net, maybe even try shifting it into a different slot (if it is a card)

Maybe try pinging 127.0.0.1 see if thaat returns any errors
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 9th Jan 2007 7:55pm
Now we get technical!

Circumstances:

ME _ HP Pavillion 1619, 1G RAM, AMD 64 Processor, GeForce 512mb graphics, D-Link Router and ADSL, ehternet cabled into back of my computer. (Using LAN port 4) Running Microsoft media centre (XP)

Other Computer on the network _ Old 'Tiny' computer, Microsoft ME, 256 Ram, Two hard drives, no ethernet port but using a USB wireless receiver. Drivers properly installed from package CD, set-up is now configured and is reliable when its running (if you get it to connect that is!)

It is now connected to the internet, obtaining automatic IP address via LAN as is my computer, automatically obtaining internet settings via LAN.

When the USB is connected, loading webpages is not instant, the webpage will lock up for a few seconds and then load the webpage, even when not using internet but conencted, everything done, locks up for a few seconds and then performs the requested actions. Why is this... too many things runnnung? Hardware fault?

There is no wireless card in the 'Tiny' computer, but i do have a Belkin, ethernet card i can put in and then wire the router on that PC and I have the USB. Will this help at all? As my computer is more capable...?

Looked at drivers on www.driverguide.com and found the drivers for the G122 which is the model of my USB wirless receiver. Will download and install that see if it makes a difference.

I understand that run cmd (command) as I have done all this before as im doing A level ICT! happy

Suggestions?

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 9th Jan 2007 10:43pm
Definately a software error.

If the latest drivers dont work, try this:

Uninstall software and drivers

Reboot

Scan for hardware changes (control panel > add hardware)

Update the driver manually from the CD (usually in a folder containing an .inf file)

I dont know if the old driverguide username and pass still works, but try "drivers" as the username and "all" as the password rather than signing up, unless you already have of course.

As for the USB issue, could be too many progs running at once, or it could be something to do with the USB transfer rates possibly? I'd say lack of memory would probably cause it. Think about upgrading to 512mb if it bugs you that much?

It would work better using an Ethernet card as it will run a lot faster than USB.

Try running less programs and see if that makes the difference, if not, try the ethernet card smile
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 3:34pm
Now the computer wont start up, keep receiving blue screen error messages and have to restart computer, it has just done it 5 time sequential cry

Error Message:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone know of any computer forums I could put this to?

Your advice has been just great and thank you for the response i just wonder if anyone else knows what could be wrong? happy
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 3:54pm
Can you remove the wireless card? See if the computer then starts up
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 3:55pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
Can you remove the wireless card? See if the computer then starts up

Sorry Its Wirelsss USB, but yes u hav a point, witthout it it loads up fine, then i put it bak in the USB and it completely loks up... frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 4:04pm
USB wireless is crap... Take it back to the shop matey and get a PCI card. USB causes problems at the best of times to be honest, and its not really worth going the USB for networking.

If you can't take it back to the shop, see if you can find a cheap PCI wireless adapter on eBay - it will almost certainly work without any problems, especially if its the likes of an Intel chipset.

smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 4:06pm
Wireless network cards are available for 20 quid in PC world
Posted By: peewee Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 4:16pm
Does sound like the adapter is at fault here.
Try it in another usb port & see if it helps?
Lots of places do the proper cards cheaply.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...D41972.PC%2Bnetworking%2Baccessories.htm
Usb should be fine tbh though.
try another usb device in case your usb port drivers on the laptop may be corrupt?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 4:20pm
Thats expensive that Scoop, I reguarly see Intel Pro chipset based cards going on fleabay for £5 - £8!

Probably cheaper broadcom jobs at PC World.

smile
Posted By: peewee Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:03pm
Thats expensive that Scoop, I reguarly see Intel Pro chipset based cards going on fleabay for £5 - £8!

Probably cheaper broadcom jobs at PC World.

smile

For a laptop???
Posted By: Mark Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:07pm
It looks like the card you have does not support ME
from the pictures you posted.

Its common now for hardware not to support older
operating systems.

Check ME pc for updates.

Although it is very, very strange that its locking up
the pc at start up, before it even gets to the bios.

But that could be a motherboard protection feature,
and may be that there is an IRQ conflict.

Best bet as sugested go with a diffrent manufature
and make sure its compatable with ME.

Its the Hardware way of forcing you to upgrade frown

Let us know how you get on.
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:19pm
It says ME compatable on the box that why i bought it. Its a workstation by the way not a Laptop.

Im guessing hardware faults, is there any program i can download to fix my driver errors/hardware/software errors as the comps a little worse for wear! frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:26pm
He's not talking about a laptop he's talking about a normal PC.

And yes, there are reguarly Intel Pro based mini-pci cards (suitable for laptops) going on ebay for under a tenner!

smile
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:30pm
Wel my bro just walked in sat at the computer, turned it on, connected the USB and connected to the internet as it should do, without any problems?! think
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:32pm
Typical USB for networking, sometimes it works, somnetimes it doesnt. I hope it stays good for though matey!

smile
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:42pm
Typical USB for networking, sometimes it works, somnetimes it doesnt. I hope it stays good for though matey!

smile

I know isnt it! lol

My dad isnt impressed with it all (Webby u understand what my dads like haha! ;))

I have a Belkin ethernet PCI that i could put in the Tiny computer. Then run the Router and modem on that PC and I have the USB, would that work any better??

Im reluctant to do so lol as mines all working fine laugh And all up to date
Posted By: peewee Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 5:45pm

And yes, there are reguarly Intel Pro based mini-pci cards (suitable for laptops) going on ebay for under a tenner!

smile

Sorry matty, i just assumed it was the hp laptop that was using the usb dongle as this is the usual route taken within networks & the desktop hard wired to the router.
Would be an ida to do it the other way round & try it using the usb dongle on your laptop.
Yes, ive seen the pc latop cards on Ebay, (got one here actually lol)
By the time you pay postage & price for a buyitnow new, its worth just popping down to your local argos & just pick one up ive found. Less hassle if it needs returning too.
Posted By: Lund Re: Wireless Networking Problems - 10th Jan 2007 6:31pm
Originally Posted by peewee

smile

Sorry matty, i just assumed it was the hp laptop that was using the usb dongle as this is the usual route taken within networks & the desktop hard wired to the router.
Would be an ida to do it the other way round & try it using the usb dongle on your laptop.
Yes, ive seen the pc latop cards on Ebay, (got one here actually lol)
By the time you pay postage & price for a buyitnow new, its worth just popping down to your local argos & just pick one up ive found. Less hassle if it needs returning too.

Im running 2 desktop computers. Read 1st post onwards all will become clear... except the problem that is!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral