Forums
Posted By: Mark Media Player 11 - 8th Dec 2006 11:35pm
Not sure when this became available,
but Windows Media Player 11 is available for Download.

Either media player will pick up on it
or do a custom update.

It DOES validate your copy of xp first...

Its got the VISTA look about it..
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Media Player 11 - 9th Dec 2006 4:55pm
It's been out for over a week cas I updated the works computers with it.

Persoanlly, even though its a new modern look, where have all the menus gone?

I don't like the way the library is either.

Change is often for the better, but not when it comes to Microsoft thumbsdown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Media Player 11 - 11th Dec 2006 7:53am
Been available for months on a public BETA.

Had it about 5 months ago, didnt like it then, so got rid and wont go back. Its a cut down version for XP anyway, you only get the full version if you have Vista.

Just Microsoft trying to kill XP off...

To me though, all I need in WMP9, Winamp2.91 and VLC. All the fancy shit they throw into the likes of WMP10/11 and Winamp5 etc have no real purpose except increasing CPU and memory utilization!

BTW Joe, your telling me the change from Windows 9x to NT was not for the better? omg And IE7 was a massive improvement over IE6...
Posted By: scoop Re: Media Player 11 - 11th Dec 2006 2:58pm
media player is only good for MPEGS and AVIS IMO, i never use it for music, use winamp for that,mainly cos of the fantastic library and menus/skins and visualisations

and its because of that fact that i cant be assed updating my windows media player,if it aint broke and all that, especially as matty says it just drags ur comp down
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Media Player 11 - 11th Dec 2006 5:48pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
BTW Joe, your telling me the change from Windows 9x to NT was not for the better? omg And IE7 was a massive improvement over IE6...

I s'pose there may be a few exceptions, but generally speaking, the new stuff they bring out is to fix the old stuff cas there were problems, but then the new stuff has problems too which need fixing.

It's like my mum asked me the other day, "why does it keep updating?" think learn
© Wirral-Wikiwirral