Forums
Posted By: MattLFC .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 4:43pm
Just thought I would let peeps know that if you are experiencing problems using any of the following:

- Windows Live Messenger
- MSN Messenger
- Windows Messenger

There is a problem with the Microsoft servers that is causing this, although conveniently the .net Server Status is saying there is no problems as always.

Thought I better let peeps know as people might think its thier internet connections at fault.

frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 4:56pm
This "seems" to be resolved now, but if you are still having problems talking to people, then this is why.

smile
Posted By: Dazza Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 5:01pm
Yup I still am, and its well annoying. Especially when you need to have a 2 way convo to get decisions made, and the other person doesnt get your question.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 6:00pm
I'm still having problems as from yesterday. No messages are getting through to anyone
Posted By: AX_125 Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 9:33pm
I don't use MSN any more, and my gmail account has replaced my hotmail account
Posted By: MattLFC Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 15th Nov 2006 10:15pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
I don't use MSN any more
Poor you, as much as people like to hate Microsoft and hate thier products, there is no messaging service that even compares with .net Messenger, especially with regards to the amount of user...

wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 16th Nov 2006 12:08pm
Right, another update. There is currently another problem which may prevent users of Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger from being able to sign in.

You should however be able to sign in with Windows Messenger.

I am affected by this, and can confirm Windows Messenger has signed in with no problems.

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 16th Nov 2006 2:02pm
lol my msn is fine
Posted By: MattLFC Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 16th Nov 2006 2:10pm
Mine is now... wasnt before though wink
Posted By: lawton Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 16th Nov 2006 4:59pm
the only problem iam having is checking my emails with hotmail, it keeps saying its busy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: .net (MSN) Messenger Problems - 16th Nov 2006 5:02pm
Yer I have had that a few times today, the stupid refresh button they give you on the actual page refreshes the error page so its useless. Works on the second time of trying though.

It seems their servers are struggling for some reason, I wonder why???

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral