Forums
Posted By: scoop £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 15th Jan 2006 8:40pm
Here we go guys and gals,first competition with prize money. 3 entrants. 3 excellent chops,please vote on your winner.Good luck to all

Heres the base
[Linked Image]

Entry 1
[Linked Image]
Entry 2
[Linked Image]
Entry 3
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 16th Jan 2006 12:17am
Kinda did this one last minute but quite pleased with my results. Saying that I don't think mine's the best one up there.

1st one: liking the deep front bumper and skirts, looks a bit wierd at the bottom of the front though. Wheels are a good match. Not sure about the fade colour idea, it's a nice effect just the colours aren't to my taste.

2nd one: looks fantastic, only critisism i have is that it's too dark so you can't see much detail. Maybe hiding something? Rear wheel looks a bit funny too but the body kit has gone on great. My favourite bit is the bonnet vent which looks 100% like it could've been in the original pic, perfectly angled and perfectly blended. How come the red in the background has been turned black too?

3rd one: Looks grey after seeing the one above it! Can still see the reflection of the red paint on some of the plastic trim, most noticable on the o/s headlamp washer. Golden grill looks really bling! Wheels and handles need to be a bit more shiney to carry the theme off properly. Tinted headlights are sweet.
Posted By: Den Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 16th Jan 2006 1:25am
i have to agree with jimbo's comments above

1: the colour is cleverly done and the rims are spot on.

2: is abit too dark though looks good, bit more brightness could of made it look sweet

3: flawlessly modded except for the slight red still showing through but love the gold and grey combo
Posted By: Mark Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 16th Jan 2006 12:05pm
There all excellent.

There work is based on the following image.

[Linked Image]

Good Luck Guys smile
Posted By: scoop Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 16th Jan 2006 10:16pm
Ok, first ill say all are very well done as this was quite a difficult base image

My opinions
1st one, flawlessly done,no blemishes,however,colour fade is a bit wierd altho looks fab,wheels are ace,Deeper bumpers and skirts look good but black part of front bumper looks............not right

2nd one,Beaut of a kit,wheels are poor,Colour change is well done bu a tiny bit too dark,main grille looks about as chopped as they come,Could be a tad lower. Love how well the kit fits tho.Bits off black in the backgorund,d'oh

3rd one. Nice gold touches,not keen on the doorhandles bein gold tho,Wheels are good but not perfect,love the reg plate.Altho one thing ive noticed.Dodgy lowering.(top of the pic is duplicated)remember to crop that after lowering

Vote is gonna be close,all are very good
Posted By: AX_125 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 17th Jan 2006 9:48am
The bottom one is the only one i would drive.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 17th Jan 2006 8:31pm
Surrendered my vote again! Couldn't decide so my bro's gf voted for the top one. She doesn't like the colours but does like the wheels and deep bumpers.
Posted By: scoop Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 17th Jan 2006 8:57pm
think i may do that too jimbo,but then again,if i let sandy vote shed wouldnt take difficulty and workmanship into account,and i think thats a big factor
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 19th Jan 2006 3:21pm
voted, good luck to you all guys and gals (if any entered)
Posted By: Mark Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 25th Jan 2006 11:20am
Last Day of Voting Peeps smile
Who will be our winner ?
Posted By: Den Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 25th Jan 2006 12:39pm
ooohh we have a draw think
Posted By: scoop Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 25th Jan 2006 7:31pm
Voting over,we have a tie,but the winner is jimbo with 6 votes,as hes a veteran CW member.Joint 1st but left with no prize is Den,also with 6,3rd is moi,scoop with a pitiful 4 lol.

1st-Jimbo
[Linked Image]
Den
[Linked Image]
2nd-Scoop
[Linked Image]

Cheers for ur efforts guys,and thatnks for voting voters. Jimbo Pm Sent.

League to be updated
Posted By: Mark Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 26th Jan 2006 12:09am
Well done everyone and a close finish at that.

Congrats to Jim smile

Pm Sent smile
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 26th Jan 2006 12:23am
happy happy happy Thanks to all who voted for me! As for the rest of you...

lol lol seriously though, well done to scoop and den too, both those chops are fantastic and imho they should've both come before mine in the rankings. Kinda skint at the mo so the money will definately come in handy.

Thanks again all laugh
Posted By: AX_125 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 26th Jan 2006 9:36am
The best chop won imo.

Wasn't to keen on the second place one, didn't look realistic enough and wasn't keen on third place choice of colours
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 29th Jan 2006 2:38am
Many thanks for the cheque webby happy will get it paid in asap laugh
Posted By: Mark Re: £10 vote : Chop of the month I - 1st Feb 2006 2:26am
Your most welcome smile

Good luck with the next one peeps smile

Chop of the Month II Click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral