Forums
Posted By: scoop photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 12:02am
Right peeps.Delivered on time as promised

7 entries this month of the GTO,chosen by Den. We have everything here from subtle,to extreme wide arches to Top fuel dragster style.

Tryin to get as many competitors, and just as importantly voters to join in the battles as we can

Vote away people and good luck to all entrants

This was the original Picture :
[Linked Image]
Chops are as follows
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Some truly amazing chops guys
Posted By: lawton Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 12:04am
ill i can see is red x`s
edit, i can see them now, not to worry
edit, wow, what can i say, seven entreys and there all good, the standard is getting higher every month
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 12:15am
Ive said it before and ill say it again. You guys really are gettin good and for the high rollers...... "The work is just astounding. Especially the silver/blue one!!!"

Keep it up guys and try your best to enter the next comp which will start a day or two after this one finishes
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 1:02am
I carnt vote neways dont have 50 + posts but good luck to all
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 1:41am
Silver/blue = deleted the car, inserted new one. Job done lol. Looks wicked mate, all I can see that hasn't changed is the roofline and the headlights. Suppose you've gotta keep some stuff the same otherwise people will think it's a different car! I think yours shouldn't be counted so as everyone else has a chance tease

Some very nice entries, I think everyone else will be joint second though, unless they vote for themselves lol
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 1:57am
Placed my vote, had to think about it though.
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 2:00am
The silver and blue one is the same car as the rest of them underneath. Just new bits placed over the old and blended in very well. Headlights are the same,bonnet roof windows,doors all the same,just modified and airbrushe dto make them unique. Its a top chop i have to say and it stands a great chance of winning. I think it will take over 90% of the votes

If you vote for yourself its just like teachers at school used to say
"your only cheating yourself"
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 2:06am
Windows have changed, check the back where they join the c pillar tease BTW what with the furbies scoop? They've got me in fits! raftl
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 4:13am
Originally posted by jimbo4x4:
Windows have changed, check the back where they join the c pillar tease BTW what with the furbies scoop? They've got me in fits! raftl
Looks like the orignal Rear pillow to me on the blue one
Posted By: Den Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 11:46am
some very good entries there lads, there near enough all technically good this month. keep up the good work
Posted By: Scooby Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 12:30pm
I have to say, the standards of these chops is un-real thumbsup

I take me hat off to you all who have entered, top top work guys thumbsup
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 12:38pm
Originally posted by jccars:
Looks like the orignal Rear pillow to me on the blue one
Check the bottom corner at the back of the rear window, it's a rounded edge rather than a right-angle
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 2:08pm
1. Its a gremlin jimbo. Gizmo. Went lookin for a new avvy last night and got this one.
2. Your can mosdy window lines aswell with photoshop,its easy enough so why not?
PM box emptied
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 2:53pm
Heh, gizmo's cool. True about the window lines, was just pointing out that it had been modded is all.
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 3:00pm
Originally posted by jimbo4x4:
Originally posted by jccars:
[b] Looks like the orignal Rear pillow to me on the blue one
Check the bottom corner at the back of the rear window, it's a rounded edge rather than a right-angle [/b]
that's because by the look's of it the rear end has been re shaped and the spoiler removed from there
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 3:06pm
Yeah I see what's been done mate, the windows are actually smaller and the boot's been built up to where the rear spoiler was. Tidy work, woulda taken me weeks or even months to do that lol happy
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 31st Jul 2005 7:14pm
Just found myself really attracted to the green one.The one with the RX8 front end. It is a lovely piece of work and the only reason i never even considered it for my vote yesterday was its colour change. The change has been done well but its the colour that put me off it.I love green but that just done nothing for me.However lookin at it today all work on it has been done to a high standard,it must have took some effort and i love it now.Ill say it again though that is a well done chop.

The evo fronted one is gorgeous too.Perfect airbrushing and great transplant.Those are my faves. After the one i voted for then mine
Posted By: Mike sxi2 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 1st Aug 2005 1:28am
some great chops there, love the blue/silver one, can see parts of the new focus front end there happy think that will get most of the votes, cant see mine geting any were, good luck everyone, when are the results?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 2nd Aug 2005 3:59pm
Good attempt on the dragster, looks different, like the silver and blue one.
Posted By: Mike sxi2 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 8th Aug 2005 12:33am
whens the results?
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 8th Aug 2005 5:04pm
Tomorrow? I say this becaus the poll went bad and it doesnt seem to want to tell us. Im sure i selected an end time as the 9th but it aint showing it. 14 users have voted and i think thats it. Come on peeps. Tens of active users online and only 14 votes? Ill post up the scores tomorrow night and that will be the FINAL results. The poll will then be closed manually so the results cant change.Think we know who has won it though dont we?! Good luck for the last 24 hours all
Posted By: AX_125 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 8th Aug 2005 5:13pm
You can just click on results and it shows you who is winning
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 8th Aug 2005 5:42pm
You have to have 50 posts to vote,you have to vote to see the results.

I advise you become a post ***** lol.

Also,this is another mess up with the poll as i wanted the results to be secret until judgement day. Not sure what went wrong,its almost like the poll never knew i checked the checkboxes stating what parameters i wanted to set!
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 9th Aug 2005 8:52pm
RESULTS ARE FINAL.POLLING HAS ENDED

Although the poll may be votable still(my bad).it has to end some time,i declare that time to be now and the results are as follows

Winner with 7 votes, JCcars. Very well done
[Linked Image]

2nd with 3 votes, Den
[Linked Image]

3rd with 2 votes, MikeSXI
[Linked Image]

Joint 4th all with 1 vote, Scoop, Lawton and CorsaJohn
Scoop
[Linked Image]
Lawton
[Linked Image]
CorsaJohn
[Linked Image]

Unlucky Jimbo. Practice makes perfect an IMHO you did very well.Unfortunately no votes this time eek
[Linked Image]

You all done very very well.Pats on the back all round

League table being updated.Check to see where you are in the big scheme of things

League table
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 5:18am
GOOD comp guy's Roll on the next one laugh
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 7:52am
smack ah well, I'll try and enter another one sometime
Posted By: Dazza Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 10:19am
Number 8 Not For Me
Posted By: AX_125 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 10:22am
It is a fairly good technical chop, although the results dont look amazing.
Posted By: Den Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 12:24pm
number 8 confused
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 12:32pm
Dazza, there's only 7 chops mate confused

Oh yeah, if anyone's wondering what the hell the smoke's doing on my chop I *tried* to make it look as though it was drifting and obviously failed miserably smack still, i'm quite pleased considering it was my first proper attempt at photoshop.
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 3:12pm
It's not winning that count's it's Taking part !

everyone is a winner in the end
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 4:52pm
Jimbos chop is good. The colour change is good,altho the colour aint a popular one, the bumper/headlights/wheels are very well crossed over. The smoke is poor compared to mine,BUT jim didint know how to make smoke look good so he tried the best way he knew.

Anyway,well done peeps. JC pick the next image and we will start it up pretty soon.PM me with the image link please
Posted By: Scooby Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 5:28pm
Suggest members be sensative to fellow members effortsthink

[Linked Image]

Its allot better that what i could do thats for sure......
Posted By: scoop Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 5:52pm
Not sure wether ur talkin about jimbos or mikes there dazza? The standard of work is fanstastic. Maybe you should get the program and make one that is for you. Come on,give it a try.U'd like it
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 6:17pm
New comp car sent should be good to see what everyone comes up with for this beast
Posted By: Den Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 10th Aug 2005 6:42pm
i'll put some effort into this one smile
Posted By: Mike sxi2 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 11th Aug 2005 12:15am
i think he means number 8 as in the 8th one down but thats coz the 1st one is the standard picture :go: :go: :go:
Posted By: Scooby Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 11th Aug 2005 12:41am
Great attempt and lets see what you can come up with on the new comp running thumbsup
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 11th Aug 2005 11:56am
Originally posted by Mike sxi2:
that was my first ever chop
Fluck! That is awesome mate, How did you do the halos? Did you get them off another car? And I've tried neons before and just couldn't get them to look right but yours look spot on!
Posted By: jccars Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 11th Aug 2005 12:36pm
There's No Doubt Everyone did well on this comp as for Mike That's impressive dude top effort

As for the dude who tryed to create a Burnout work on Layer overlaps and Colour's it will look good mate
Posted By: Mike sxi2 Re: photoshop battle 6 : Vote and results - 11th Aug 2005 6:58pm
thanks peeps,

Jimbo4x4 That is awesome mate, How did you do the halos? Did you get them off another car? And I've tried neons before and just couldn't get them to look right but yours look spot on!
if you look at the origional pic, ive just coppied the outer light an changed the colouring of it to make it like a halo then copy an pasted it so there are 2 either side, the neons was just using a big air brush in the outline i made, I did also do a carbon bonnet on this but it hasnt showed up with the size that it is confused I will have a go at battle 7, good luck everyone who enters! :go: :go: :go:
© Wirral-Wikiwirral