Forums
Posted By: scoop Scoop tutorials - 4th Apr 2005 6:17pm
Heres the thread for all of my tutorials peeps.

First of all is a nice and easy window tinting guide, this is a more complicated method but will get better results than a method i shall describe below.

First of all open your image using file-open and locate the picture,

[Linked Image]

^^Using the lasso tool (the tool selected on my toolbar to the right of the image) draw round the windows you want to be tinted, For a lovely result go over the pillars.You then want to layer the selected section so you can work this area without risking the whole image.CTRL+J is the keybind to "layer via copy"^^

[Linked Image]

^^Next click the tabs to get down to "hue/saturation" this is where u change the tint/colour of the glass^^

[Linked Image]

^^Change the lightness selection to give the desired effect on the window, Lower to tint,Raise it and you can get a mirror finish(if it works,pretty rarely)^^

[Linked Image]

^^Next use the lasso to select areas where the tint should not be (ie/ pillars,mirrors and rubbers)
Pick small bits at a time and if u reveal a bit of glass undo it with CTRL+Z and try again^^

Once you are sorted and the windows are tinted nicely with the rest lookin the correct way, flatten the image and save it

[Linked Image]

An easier way to tint the windows but less accurate is to select just the glass but make sure u dont miss a single inch or it will look stupid and you cant add to it if u miss a bit

Hope this helps peeps,

More tuts to follow
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scoop tutorials - 4th Apr 2005 6:34pm
Not the way i normally do it, but cheers mate, may try that method one time.
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 6th Apr 2005 5:21pm
Carbon fibre bonnets! easy when you know how

Right peeps,here im gonna teach you how to turn this.

[Linked Image]

into this

[Linked Image]

First things first, we need to install a new pattern into your patterns collection,
get these aftermarket patterns here Click Me

Now, start off by having your car and selecting the part you want to carbonise
using the good old lasso tool.
Once you have done that you want to layer it via copy{CTRL+J}

[Linked Image]

Now u want to desaturate your new layer followed by duplicating it.
Now click the little eye next to layer 1s copy on the layers box

[Linked Image]

Make a new layer in between layer 1 and layer 1 copy.
Now click the little eye next to layer 1s copy on the layers box
to make it invisible(dont ask why,just do it)

[Linked Image]

Next click edit}fill}and pick pattern}the black carbon you have recently installed

Next you want to distort the carbon, you can do this in lots of ways so experiment,
one way i find good is to pick filter}distort}twirl and twirl it 40 to the left/right

[Linked Image]

Next press GTRL+G to group it with the other layer(this will delete all
the carbon apart from that covering the bonnet layer)

[Linked Image]

Now make layer 1 copy visible and set it to hard light
Go to image}adjustments}levels and play about till it looks like carbon bonnets should

((Flatten the image if you wish))

[Linked Image]
There you go people,hope you dont stuggle with this and as before i shall ammend it to clear up any confusion

Happy chopping!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scoop tutorials - 8th Apr 2005 12:15pm
scoop, u need to get out more my lad
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scoop tutorials - 8th Apr 2005 12:36pm
very nice smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scoop tutorials - 8th Apr 2005 1:15pm
i thought so omg
Posted By: Wheels Re: Scoop tutorials - 8th Apr 2005 3:16pm
scoop! i need the program m8!
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 22nd Apr 2005 9:36pm
Wheel fitting tutorial!!

Real easy this as long as the image and the wheels source image are pictures taken from a very similar angle!!!

[Linked Image]

INTO THIS

[Linked Image]

To do this follow these instructions
Open the image to get the picture of the wheels u want to be fitted,lasso the wheel and copy it(CTRL+C)

[Linked Image]
Paste the image onto ur project car,then lower the opacity so u can place it perfectly over the standard wheel, that way u can sort the angle perfectly

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Repeat this process for the other wheel!

Hope this makes sense peeps. Any confusion will be sorted if u PM me
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 22nd Apr 2005 9:53pm
Its now startlingly obvious which chop is mine in the battle huh?! Im so proud of my pink beauty,
NEXT UP!! HOW TO TURN IT A DIFFERENT COLOUR(EVEN FLIP)
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scoop tutorials - 23rd Apr 2005 2:22pm
Personally i would cut out the tyre on the donor car as well, make it look quite a bit better in my opinion.
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 23rd Apr 2005 2:29pm
Depends really as sometimes bumpers etc..cover most of the donor tire, so u end up with half donor tire and half real tire, the only bit of the tire i take is the lip around the wheel.Ill try takin the whole tire sometime, see how it works out
Posted By: spinking Re: Scoop tutorials - 30th Apr 2005 1:23pm
Scoop were do you get the program to do this?
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 30th Apr 2005 2:23pm
see steves post about 9 CS 2, or get me on msn and ill GIVE u the program mate. Adobe photoshop. MSN is [email protected]
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoop tutorials - 30th Jul 2005 1:48am
Alright peeps.Here is my latest tut. The colour changing tut

[Linked Image]

First up select the WHOLE car.EVEN the glass and a small area around the car. LAyer this via copy (CTRL+J) Then go to image>adjustments>hue/saturation
[Linked Image]
Adjust the Hue to get the car green in colour(or whatever)
You can also select the paintbrush tool and put it to hue mode or even colour mode and paint all over the car to switch its colour, or use the gradient tool with multiple colours to make it "flip"
[Linked Image]
Now select the areas you do not wish to be the new HUE/Colour. IE the black bonnet,the headlights etc. Then press the delete key. This will reveal the old colour of that patch
[Linked Image]
Continue to delete the bits that you want to remain their normal colour. IE/logos,the sky,windows,other cars etc and eventually you will come out with this!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: Scoop tutorials - 1st Feb 2006 8:31pm
im dling photoshop now! cant wait to try this laugh thanks mate much apreciated
© Wirral-Wikiwirral