Forums
As title says. Looking up towards the primrose pub

Attached picture image.jpg
I wonder if they changed the name to Greenwood as there was already another Green Lane?.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 14th Nov 2014 9:53pm
I had a crush on a girl from Wesley avenue when I was about 14 or 15.what ever happened to Wendy wet legs ? smile
Posted By: casper Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 9:50am
Geography seems a bit wrong wouldnt it be Penkett Road Wesly Ave? or maybe my memory is failing confused
Posted By: casper Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 10:16am
Oops I meant Stringhay Road Greenwood Lane.
Posted By: Norton Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 11:31am
Wesley Av is a cul-d-sac on the north side of Greenwood Lane, not far from the top of Upper Rice Lane. The houses are largely unchanged to how they looked in the old picture.

The Greenwood Lane in the picture was once called Green Lane. In fact, there is still an old wall sign that reads 'Greenwood Lane - Late Green Lane' - but the last part has been painted over for a long time.

Following the formation of Wallasey Borough Council, and at the request of bodies, including the Fire Brigade, duplicate road names were eliminated by re-nameing, about 1901 to 1910 I think.

So yes, there was another Green Lane (Wallasey Village), but also another Victoria Road (New Brighton & Seacombe) and a few more which I think have been mentioned on Wiki.

Good photo, too.
Originally Posted by Dilly
I had a crush on a girl from Wesley avenue when I was about 14 or 15.what ever happened to Wendy wet legs ? smile

I`ve been up all night thinking about this, do I really want to know or not.. Bit like when your a kid, you hear a noise in the cupboard, you know it`s just a toy falling but you can`t get to sleep in case it is the "Thing", that lives in there. So you have to open the cupboard before you can get to sleep and if you do will, will it get you?.
Ok, Dilly I gotta know, Why Oh Why was she called "Wendy wet legs".
A map when it was called Green Lane With Albert Terrace Highlighted.

Attached picture Albert_Terrace_Green_Lane.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 3:55pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Originally Posted by Dilly

I`ve been up all night thinking about this, do I really want to know or not.. Bit like when your a kid, you hear a noise in the cupboard, you know it`s just a toy falling but you can`t get to sleep in case it is the "Thing", that lives in there. So you have to open the cupboard before you can get to sleep and if you do will, will it get you?.
Ok, Dilly I gotta know, Why Oh Why was she called "Wendy wet legs".

I think it was just a name I made up for her, memory fais me as to why smile but thinking back I think it was Walmsley she lived in.
I had a crush on a girl in Warmsley Street just down the road, but I see on Google Maps her house has gone. May of been the second one in, for 20 points, what happened to the houses and what`s the name of the cat?.

Attached picture Warmsley.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 4:12pm
The cats name is puss. I heard someone calling, here puss smile
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: Corner of greenwood lane and Wesley avenue. - 15th Nov 2014 11:07pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
A map when it was called Green Lane With Albert Terrace Highlighted.

Well, I never knew that was called Albert Terrace. I used to visit a house there when I was little, early 1970s; steep staircase, I remember.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral