Forums
Posted By: Jess53 Tobin street - 31st Oct 2011 5:57pm
Hi guys, does anyone have any info about what was in Tobin street before the houses on the hill top? We have an ariel shot from 1946, which shows a small cluster of what appears to be industrial buildings with a possible small boat behind the large house at the front. The present day building on the corner is still in use, but what was it used for in times gone by? My mum is now living in one of the houses, and we were digging in the garden and found a cobbled surface with rough hand made bricks, were these part of the foundations to the previous building? Can anyone help with info or better still photos? Thanks Jess cool
Posted By: Helles Re: Tobin street - 31st Oct 2011 7:10pm
There was a timber merchants some years back. It did have a partial cobbled road into it if memory serves. Edmunds Taylor was their name. Previous to that I am not sure but there were shops running from King street to the prom in the early days.
Posted By: Norton Re: Tobin street - 1st Nov 2011 2:58am
More info and pictures under Wirral Pubs past & present for 671 Egremont Ferry 48 Tobin Street Wallasey.
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Tobin street - 9th Nov 2011 6:27pm
Hi thanks for that will check it out!! Regards Jess
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Tobin street - 9th Nov 2011 6:27pm
Hi thanks will look it up,again thanks Jess
Posted By: Helles Re: Tobin street - 9th Nov 2011 11:11pm
Old photo.

Attached picture 2.336 Tobin St..JPG
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Tobin street - 23rd Nov 2011 11:39am
Hi thanks for the photo, do you have a rough idea of date? Thanks Jess
Posted By: Helles Re: Tobin street - 23rd Nov 2011 12:44pm
No sorry. Just one that does the rounds and not my own photo. Looks like a gas lamp but that doesn't mean much as we had them in the fifties.
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Tobin street - 23rd Nov 2011 1:09pm
Thanks for your trouble!! x Jess
© Wirral-Wikiwirral