Forums
Posted By: nightwalker Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 20th May 2011 8:10pm
In a previous post (which I can't find now) there was a lot of interest shown in Pear Tree Grove, the row of 11 terraced houses at the back of the Co-op. I've managed to track down this photo taken about 1959. I've covered the faces of the two residents as they're both still alive and I don't know where I stand with data protection (they're not a pretty sight anyway!) The buildings at the top are the rear of the shops in Liscard Road

Attached picture Pear Tree Grove.jpg
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 20th May 2011 8:59pm
Can you uncover the faces because I think the one on the right is my uncle Ken.
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 20th May 2011 10:02pm
No...it's not your uncle Ken!
Posted By: torryman Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 21st May 2011 5:13pm
I used to go out with a girl who lived in the grove...Hi Alison!!
She was small but very pretty, she lived with her nan....great to see a picture of the grove ....Couldn't picture it at all ..thanks for posting
Posted By: marty99fred Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 22nd May 2011 7:41pm
More pics.

Description: Pear Tree Grove from Liscard Crescent
Attached picture Pear Tree Grove 1.jpg

Description: Nos 7-11
Attached picture Pear Tree Grove 2.jpg
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 22nd May 2011 8:20pm
thanks very much for posting these, i asked some time ago if anyone could find me any pics smile

many thanks again
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 23rd May 2011 9:53am
Brilliant photos, marty. I can see my old house!! I lived there for twent-odd and never thought of taking a pic without somebody being in it. Could I ask where you obtained them - do you have a connection with PTG? Got any more?
Posted By: marty99fred Re: Pear Tree Grove, Liscard - 23rd May 2011 10:53am
The photos were supplied by a friend of a friend! The only others I have show the backs of the properties taken from the back window of 3 Westminster Road.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral