Posted By: derekdwc poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 5th Feb 2010 11:39am
I think these are from the flats by the Tower pub/Liscard car park

Attached picture where wallasey2resized.jpg
Attached picture where wallasey3 resized.jpg
Attached picture where wallasey4 resized.jpg
Attached picture where wallasey5 resized.jpg
Attached picture where wallasey reized.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 5th Feb 2010 11:44am
Your right Derek, they are all around those flats.
Posted By: Tilly Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 5th Feb 2010 5:17pm
i can see my house in the last pic grin
Posted By: kimpri Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 5th Feb 2010 6:23pm
Originally Posted by Tilly
shh wink
The quality of them is fantastic
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 5th Feb 2010 9:29pm
yerr spot on pics derek!
Posted By: Tatey Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 6th Feb 2010 9:03am

Is that yours with the washing hanging out !!!
Posted By: Tilly Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 6th Feb 2010 12:54pm
Originally Posted by Tatey

Is that yours with the washing hanging out !!!

nope wrong side of the road wink
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 6th Feb 2010 3:00pm
wow very cool pix smile

thanks
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 14th Mar 2010 8:38am
I was on a photography course once, when Liscard hall, in central park, was being used by the withins Lane dcollege as an overflow.

The caretaker let my right up on the roof of Liscard house (If I remember that is what the flats are called?). The view was GREAT. A perfectly clear day, about 08:00 on a July morning.

Took about 100 photos that day.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 14th Mar 2010 8:19pm
Originally Posted by Teutonicus
I was on a photography course once, when Liscard hall, in central park, was being used by the withins Lane dcollege as an overflow.

The caretaker let my right up on the roof of Liscard house (If I remember that is what the flats are called?). The view was GREAT. A perfectly clear day, about 08:00 on a July morning.

Took about 100 photos that day.

Can you post any? Would love to see some.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 14th Mar 2010 8:26pm
Would be good to see some of those pics..
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 9:19am
They were lost years ago with moving around.

I had about 200 of Birkenhead and Wallasey docks when they still had ships in them as well. The old flour mills whilst they still were flour mills, Central park, and one project described "Imagine if Liscard hall was burned down. We want you to document EVERY detail that an architect may need to fully restore the building inside and out".

How prophetic. That was in 1980, or so.
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 9:28am
O.K I give up. I am trying desperately to think WHAT the building is JUST to the left, and half way up St Albans spire, on the same level as Mill Lane fire station.

Any one know?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 9:55am
Is it the school that got knocked down?
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 9:55am
O.K I give up. I am trying desperately to think WHAT the building is JUST to the left, and half way up St Albans spire, on the same level as Mill Lane fire station.

Any one know?

Part of the old hospital, now demolished, I think.
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 10:32am
Edgerton Grove...???

Na.

That appears to be at the back of Mill Lane hospital grounds. Around where the allotments are. Poulton school?

(After 25 years away my Wallasey geography is getting lousy.
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 10:33am
Originally Posted by Roslynmuse

Part of the old hospital, now demolished, I think.

The old admin block???

Maybe.
Posted By: daveybm Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 2:51pm
Looks like the old admin block for Vch or possibly Marymount Convent School in Love Lane.

Dave
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 4:22pm
The school was more modern than that. The building in the picture appears to bew deffinately Victorian.

And thinking about it, the admin at Mill Lane ran in the other direction.I.E we would be seeing the front parallell with the side of the fire station we can see there.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 15th Mar 2010 5:39pm
enlarged photo
Hope this helps

Attached picture enlarged.jpg
Attached picture enlarged2.jpg
Attached picture enlarged3.jpg
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 7:39am
That makes it look as if it was right next to the Cinder path (Love Lane....or was/is it lovers Lane?) that ran between the allotments and the back wall of the hospital land. But for the LIFE of me I can not remember that building.

The admin block at VCH (annexe), (ie Mill Lane)was, I am pretty convinced, lower, only two stories, + attics and running at a direction that would form an L with this building.
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 7:54am
There was the Anne Glassey Workshop (TB research) that backed onto the Love Lane path between Greenheys Road and Love Lane (opposite the allotments).
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 7:59am
THATS the place (Not the building on the photo, the other one I was trying to remember).

I NEVER remember seeing that place actualy OPEN though.
Posted By: daveybm Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 9:29am
I think it is definately the old VCH admin block, if you look on Google Earth the images shown for this area are from 2007 before the block was demolished, the aeriel view seems to fit the photo of the block pretty well, and it does appear to be in the correct orientation.

Dave
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 9:51am
As I said, after 25 years away, my geography is not as it was.
Posted By: daveybm Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 16th Mar 2010 10:12am
Neithers mine and I still live here!

Dave
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 6th May 2010 8:30pm
Poulton Primary? It was somwwhere between Mill Lane and Poulton Road I think (Rostherne Ave?). My son Elliot went there for a while. Dont know if it;s still there or not?

BTW I'm new on here just found the site the other day! Live in (well near!) Atlanta GA (USA) now...
Perry Bird
(My Parents still live in Wallasey Village)
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 7th May 2010 5:13am
Any relation to Thear, Robin and Frazer Bird?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 7th May 2010 2:09pm

i can also see the house i grew up in in that road ! number 11

you lived in that road long tilly ?

and i know whos the washing on the line is
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 7th May 2010 3:59pm
Any relation to Thear, Robin and Frazer Bird?

Nope - different flock!
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 7th May 2010 4:30pm
Na. O.K. Just a thought. :-)
Posted By: Tatey Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 8th May 2010 8:08am
Not to mention the lovely Natalie Bird, so I won't!
Posted By: sue_w Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 19th Mar 2011 1:03pm
Being fairly new here, I've just come upon this thread.

I lived in that road too, can just about see the kitchen window. I know who's washing it was as well! lol Spent many hours in her house. May she rest in peace.
Posted By: wellie111 Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 8th Aug 2011 11:32am
i think it was marymount convent
Posted By: Raven61 Re: poss views from Tower flats Liscard - 11th Feb 2012 1:50pm
Are you talking about Poulton Primary School.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral