Forums
Posted By: mrallen Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 28th Oct 2009 5:36pm
I couldnt believe this when I saw it. How times have changed.
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=27321
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 28th Oct 2009 6:00pm
you wouldn't think this would happen nowdays with nearly every cinema demolished and replaced with Vue/warner bros.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 28th Oct 2009 7:40pm
Nice find mrallen.
Who would beleive it, Wilson, Keppel and betty, Gregory Peck and Margaret Lockwood in Birkenhead singing on stage at one of our great cinemas!!!
Then again, Stan Laurel did appear here in his early solo years!
Wilson Keppel and Betty also appeared at the New Brighton Tower along with Flannagan and Allen and The Crazy Gang (Flannagan and Allen where in the first Crazy Gang lineup also)!(google if youve never heared of them)
Posted By: Robert Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 29th Oct 2009 7:16pm
I seen that clip last week, the funny thing was that I was watching a old movie with her in it on tv here in the US. It was called Night train to Munich. To realise that she had actually been to Birkenhead was amaazing.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 1st Nov 2009 11:35am
Who wants all that when you have Peter Andre & Jordan on TV at home. frown frown frown
It amazing to see how much culture has been removed from this area.
Posted By: bri445 Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 1st Nov 2009 1:14pm
We called them the 'Good Old Days' and I'm beginning to think they really were! thumbsup
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 1st Nov 2009 1:20pm
they were, nowdays its all about stupid ass rappers and tits n ass and stupidness....god im such a good critic raftl
Posted By: bri445 Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 8th Dec 2009 5:41pm
View that Pathe clip again for memories of Birkenhead's brief connectionwith great British film actor Richard Todd who died last week. Check his film career on Wikipedia.... No one-hit wonder!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Royal Film Performance in Birkenhead - 8th Dec 2009 6:42pm
He was a good actor, in the film The Longest Day, i think it was, he refused to play himself.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral