Forums
Posted By: ghostly1 Pics of Wirral from the 80s! (Do you have any?) - 12th Sep 2009 10:16am
Hi, I was inspired to write the post from some fantistic pics of Birkenhead on another post. Maybe this has been done before but does anyone have recent pics of the Wirral say in the last 2 decades? Especially of around Greasby, Frankby and West Kirby but anywhere else would be interesting too!
Anyone know what angle this image was taken from in 1958? I know its not the 80s but is still interesting!

Greasby Road 1958
I would take a guess that the Greasby Rd photo was taken from around the pub the Coach and horses with Mill lane coming in from the left and looking towards Frankby/West Kirby etc.
The picture is taken from just outside Upton Village, the wall on the left is the wall of Greenbank Church (where the undertaker is now). On the right would be Hall Hill Cottage and Saughall Massie Road; the cricket club is on the right, by the lamp post.
yep.. Upton Cx has it nailed...
the pic is taken from standing in the road looking down from the top of the hill at Upton towards Greasby... first down the hill on the right is Saughall Massie road, with Molyneux close the first left as you head down.
I grew up about a minute away, so it is very familiar to me...
The wall in the left of the pic is still there, as mentioned outside the Alex Taylor funeral home (Greenbank).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral