Forums
Posted By: Mark Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 8th Jun 2007 10:05pm
Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road

Do you remember when?
Do you have a storey to tell of days gone by in the picture?

Attached picture 981-wikiwirral-halfway_house.jpg
Posted By: Wheels Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 8th Jun 2007 10:26pm
cool stuff mark!

keep them coming! how do you get the present day picture? do you take it?.
Posted By: Mark Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 8th Jun 2007 10:37pm
Yeh i went out with matty about a month ago.

35 miles and 25 pics later lol

It took ages..

More to come wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 9th Jun 2007 10:04pm
life looked so much more peaceful and less stressful back then, just by looking at the piccys, only one car, no railings, no colour, tranquil
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 9th Jun 2007 11:17pm
i bet the same people still prob up the bar!
Posted By: Mark Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 10th Jun 2007 12:19am
never thought of that but i bet your right raftl
Posted By: JohhnyG Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 8th Feb 2015 8:44pm
I remember as a kid going up there every Saturday evening to get the Footy Echo, There was a WW2 pillbox just behind where the photo was taken; great for playing soldiers in if you didn't mind the smell.
Posted By: JohhnyG Re: Halfway house pub at top of Woodchurch road - 8th Feb 2015 8:44pm
I remember as a kid going up there every Saturday evening to get the Footy Echo, There was a WW2 pillbox just behind where the photo was taken; great for playing soldiers in if you didn't mind the smell.
The pillbox (public loo!) was demolished in 1967, I'd completely forgotten about this one that was well inside my childhood stomping ground.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral