Forums
Does anyone remember exactly where the old Triangle pond used to be? My memory seems to be playing tricks on me. To the best of my recollection, it was under the roundabout on the M53 by B&Q but when I looked it up on an old OS map and I can't find it where I thought it was. As far as I can remember, it was filled in when the Motorway was built in the 70's, but I'd love to pinpoint the exact site if possible.
Any ideas?
Not familiar with it, however does this map offer any help.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side...-3.0577&layers=171&right=BingHyb

Drag it around.
Previous,

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...s-there-a-tunnel-under-bidston-moss.html
Played there a few times when we were kids, used to walk from Wallasey Village, if I remember rightly it would have been around about where Bidston station is, hope this helps.
Thank you bert1. It certainly does help. I swapped the map for the 1937-1961 map and lo and behold, there is the triangle. Excellent site.
Thank you to everyone else who answered.
A bit East of the roundabout, here is a picture not long after it was filled in.

Attached picture wtriangle.jpg
Handbag, I used to walk with my twin to Bidston from Wallasey over sixty years ago and passed the Triangle. I think it was near the footpath over Bidston Moss between the Wallasey Tech School bottom of Mosslands Drive and where M53 flyover was built. We used to go to Bidston Hill and were annoyed the flyover spoilt our exploring. It is a pity young people don't have the freedom we had, as today parents are more aware of strangers than in a more innocent times.

My brother used to do school cross country running on that route. He loathed it and would go halfway then have a rest and go back to school. It was obvious that sport was not his forte.
HANDBAG!! lol. I've been called some things in my time, but never Handbag.
Thanks for the info. I remember fishing it but just couldn't place its exact location.
Iv'e found it now thanks to the response from WikiWirral members.
Sorry Habdab.I read the preview twice but did not realise my predictive text had converted your name.Please accept my apologies. It just shows that sometimes people don't read what is in front of them.
I know it exactly. It was just off mosslands drive off of the wallacre playing fields
It shows how memories are confused, the reason I thought it was by Bidston station is I seem to remember a footbridge nearby or am I really away with the fairies?
Originally Posted by casper
It shows how memories are confused, the reason I thought it was by Bidston station is I seem to remember a footbridge nearby or am I really away with the fairies?

Nope you're spot on. There's small footbridge from wallasey village over the railway line that leads around back of B&Q at the J1 retail park.

this google maps link is where i'm fairly sure it was.
There where two triangles. One by Bidston Station, went ferreting for rabbits on it. The other was by Wallacre Park and had a pond in it. It was called Slopes Junction.
I only remember the Triangle being the pond, me and my brother used to go with a net on a bamboo pole (we used to buy them somewhere in the village, can't remember where!) and catch tadpoles and sticklebacks - when we were kids (early '60s).
If you join the motorway by Poulton Vicks you can still see where the triangle was and is. It was a little way from Bidston Station towards Wallasey. It was a very large and deep pond. The sides were of gravel and they went down into the water very steeply.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral