Forums
Posted By: dingle Looking for a cousin - 22nd Jan 2016 10:27pm
This is an unusual post. While searching(which I have been for the past 35 years) for my cousin(Susan Iddon) I found here mother's(my Auntie) death notice in the Wirral Globe. The notice mentioned not only Susan but her daughter Sarah, brother Paul and sister in law Jean and all the kid and grandkids.
Amelia(Milly) Iddon was buried on 22/2/2012 by Susan C. Porter Independent Funeral Directors. Now I don't know what to do or how to go about trying to get in touch with Susan or Paul. Any ideas out or help out there.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Looking for a cousin - 22nd Jan 2016 10:41pm
Perhaps you could send a letter to the funeral directors with an enclosed letter to your cousin and ask if they could pass it on to whatever address they have for the family? Worth a try.
Posted By: granny Re: Looking for a cousin - 22nd Jan 2016 10:49pm
Good idea Greenwood, or if it was a Church Funeral Service, contact the Parish office of the Church and ask the same. Have to check on their opening times.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 1:25am
Fairly unusual name-cant be many in the phone book ( 3 in the BT directory) to just randomly write a letter. They are in the public domain
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 3:29am
I used to know Michael Iddon who worked at Ness Gardens, sadly he died a couple of years ago (27/4/2013).

There was a Paul J Iddon who was listed in the Wirral 2003-2006 public electoral registers, Jean A Iddon lived at the same address (as did David Ball and Claire L Ball).

I have Amelia's address in 2001 and know that Paul lived in the same road at some time. The property was sold in 2004 so a dead end possibly.
Posted By: dingle Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 4:50am
Thanks Digging. Paul and Jean are married. Raffles Rd was where Amelia lived. Paul and Jean went to South Africa late '70's I think. Was not sure if they came back. I might write to the Funeral people and see if they can forward a letter onto Paul or Susan.

Thanks.
Posted By: dingle Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 4:52am
That is a great idea, I will definitely do that. I was going to ring but it may appear a bit odd.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 11:13am
There is a Julian Iddon on Facebook - might he be related? Would be in late 30s now.
Posted By: dingle Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 11:52am
Nobody in the family with that name.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 12:29pm
Amelia lived at 30, Paul lived at 58.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 1:32pm
Just spoken to Paul and Jean.

Jean will be on here shortly.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Looking for a cousin - 23rd Jan 2016 7:58pm
i knew iddons who lived in moreton
Posted By: dingle Re: Looking for a cousin - 24th Jan 2016 7:17am
Thanks Andy - it is 6.14pm Sunday here in Australia. If you want you can give Jean and Paul my email. [email protected] and my Skype mindplayer4.
Posted By: Bernard46 Re: Looking for a cousin - 24th Jan 2016 10:01pm
I Remember a Paul Iddon from Raffles Rd, We were Telegram Boys riding motorbikes delivering in the Birkenhead area..Hope He is ok. I am still in touch with Eddie Thomas and Ray Cooper. All The Best..Bernie Williams.
Posted By: dingle Re: Looking for a cousin - 2nd Feb 2016 9:49am
Hi Bernie, Paul lives not far from you he is on the Woodchurch with his wife Jean.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral