Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 Leasowe Hospital - 25th Oct 2015 9:09pm
Has anyone links to photographs of the the old Leasowe (Childrens) Hospital. My sister started there in the '60s as a student nurse. She didn't stay longer as they kept giving her Bedpans to clean.
My Grand Daughter lives in the flats which were built after the convenient fire and wants to see what was there before.
Thanks in advance for anything
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 8:31am
Have you tried searching Google images? There might be some there. A good general picture of the site can be found here:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alonso Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 8:53am
Martin, if you are a member of Facebook, look up " old photos of Birkenhead" and "Birkenhead memories" and click to join, you will then be accepted as a member. Every day somebody posts images on there which are fascinating pictures from all over the town and area. Also you might post your request on there; I'm sure somebody will point you in the right direction. Good luck.
Posted By: lincle Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 9:22am
Many years ago when clearing out a flat after the resident had died I found several newspaper cuttings showing the inside wards,children in bed,nurses etc also the outside balconies open to the sun with children outside on beds.They were taken as something was being celebrated & the Scout movement comes to mind.I'm fairly sure they were taken by an Echo photographer or Bob Bird photographer Hamilton Square (?) who took many many photos of local events.Might be worth checking.Sorry didn't keep cuttings
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 1:15pm
try moreton memories on facebook, seen some there
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 4:09pm
Thanks all: I'll try those.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Leasowe Hospital - 26th Oct 2015 9:15pm
http://www.historyofwallasey.co.uk/wallasey/Leasowe_Hospital/index.html
© Wirral-Wikiwirral