Forums
Posted By: Tatey St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 7:14am
Does anybody know who owns St. John's Church in Wallasey these days please?
Posted By: danjaylai Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 9:53am
Yes i work with the guy who owns it.
He's planning to have it reinstated as a place of worship.
Posted By: Tatey Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 11:38am
OK, thanks for the information. I had wondered if it still belonged to the Chester Diocese.
Posted By: granny Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 12:31pm
Originally Posted by danjaylai
Yes i work with the guy who owns it.
He's planning to have it reinstated as a place of worship.

Is this the ST. John's that is a listed building ? Neo classical, built of stone from Storeton quarry.

Is the rave yard still there and can you tell us what denomination it is to be danjaylai ,please ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 1:34pm
I too would like to know what denomination the church is to become. My father attended Bible Class at this church in 1925.

A "rave yard" eh Granny ? Latest move to tempt young folk into the church maybe. wink
Posted By: danjaylai Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 3:01pm
I honestly have no idea.
I just work with the guy who owns it and also a couple more prominent buildings in wallasey.

I think he's new age, sort of born again christian but I've never asked.

He owns 2 other buildings aswell ( that i know of ) - 1 is to become a community cafe ( non-proffit ) and the other will be a pub/hotel.

I don't want to say too much or give the buildings or his I.D away but that's all i know for now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 3:06pm
Thanks danjaylai.
Posted By: granny Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 5:03pm
Also thanks Danjailai.

Ooooops ! Sorry about the typo error. It should have been 'grave' but rave could be appropriate as we are getting close to Halloween. ghost
Posted By: Dilly Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 5:29pm
Well I will blow the whistle on the other two buildings he owns.
The Kings pub and the brighton pub, as I have said in previous posts he intends to turn the Kings pub into a non alcohol pub in the hope of getting the local youth in so he can introduce them to god.I was told this by the man himself. Good luck with that one.
Posted By: cools Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 5:32pm
Not the Kings in Bebington , another one I presume Dilly?.
Posted By: Dilly Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 5:42pm
No Cools it's the one in Wallasey
Posted By: danjaylai Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 6:14pm
Haha thanks Dilly.
Wasn't sure if he wanted it to be common knowledge or not.

He told me the Kings was going to be a non-profit community cafe and the Brighton being turned back into a pub/hotel
Posted By: Greenwood Re: St John's Church - 27th Sep 2015 6:20pm
I've never been in St. John's - top of Church Street, right? - but from the outside it looks very graceful. I hope it is preserved and doesn't suffer a similar fate to Liscard Hall.
Posted By: Santos Re: St John's Church - 16th Oct 2015 4:34pm
Its a lovely serene church and should most certainly remain a place of worship. Been inside many a time and was impressed but dont know what its like inside now, its been closed a long time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral