Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 6:06pm
Hi, just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of any webpages that would show me what was on the land of a new housing estate called Rivacre Village in Ellesmere Port, the estate is behind Overpool Cemetary.
I had heard it once was a swimming pool, but would like to see some old photos if possible.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: venice Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 7:33pm
Have pm'd you a pic. OH used to live near there. Says it was a large well used very deep open air pool with very high boards one end.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 8:10pm
Thanks Venice. My son lives on new estate and is interested in the history of the land
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 9:39pm
Venice, could you pm a PIC please. Used to go there often as a child, and you know how sentimental you get when your at a certain age.

Thanks Lynne
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 10:43pm
I remember clambering under the fountains as a kid, bloody freezing! They were probably some of the best open air swimming baths ive ever been to, or have my rose tinted specs blurred my vision lol.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 11:07pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...Q_AUoAg&biw=1440&bih=801#imgrc=_
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 20th Apr 2015 11:12pm
Nice one d.d.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 4:14am
Hi Pegsgirl, if you look at the aerial photograph supplied by DD you will see a road heading out of frame in the centre top, that is Netherpool Road, which now heads to the M53 (If I have the perspective wrong then it will be Woodacre Road). I believe Rivacre Village is built on the opposite side of Netherpool Road to the baths, on or near the fields pictured at the top right of the image. Rivacre Valley Baths were situated in the triangulated land situated between Netherpool Road and Rivacre Road. The entrance to the baths was from Pool Hall Lane which is pictured at the bottom left of the same image. I hope this helps you clarify the location.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 7:03am
I was a television engineer in Ellesmere Pool & used to pop into the baths in my lunch break. Lovely place.
Posted By: billy_anorak59 Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 9:30am
Pegsgirl - Have you got access to Google Earth? If you have, switch the the 'historical imagery' button on, and move the time slider back - it will show you exactly where the baths where in relation to what's there today.
Just a thought.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 10:08am
Some old maps here:

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=undefined&lat=53.2966&lon=-2.9241&layers=6
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 6:32pm
Oh great thank you. Yes I do have google earth that's a good tip Billy. Thank you.
Thanks all
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 21st Apr 2015 7:39pm
Cheers for the photo double d.
Posted By: Tomcra Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 4th Aug 2021 8:14pm
I have a photo of how it lays today on the EST. But unable to post it
Posted By: Tomcra Re: Rivacre Valley Ellesmere Port - 15th Nov 2021 7:41pm
Google earth pro
© Wirral-Wikiwirral