Forums
Posted By: BennyBoy rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:03pm
I'm sure this is common knowledge but:

Can someone tell me
Exactly where I can find these gardens. I know they are facing hoylake
Road?

One reason is to see the gardens and two is to see the old entrance to the tunnels.

If someone can pin point it on a map or point me in the right direction that would be great.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:19pm
I put " rhododendron gardens Birkenhead" into Google maps, it came up with Vyner Road by the windmill. No idea if that is right, sorry.
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:23pm
Looking at a few things online myself and it's lord vyners garden donated to the council upon his death and then housed an entrance for the tunnels. In lead to believe it's behind the trees on the cross roads at bidston tennis centre and the village. Near opposite the school on the hill?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:24pm
Hi Benny the grass area on junction hoylake rd / bidston village road is the gardens mate. entrence to the shelters (closed) is in the tree line just off the green (left from the old school) . Emergency exit (close) is in the rods behind the houses hope this helps
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:28pm
Hi mate

Sorry for being thick

I'm walking up the hill towards the village .....

The rods is on my left? And that's where the entrance is? There is an emergency exit nearby?

Is there also one on brow hill as well ?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 8:45pm
if your on the hill it's on the other side of brow rd mate
Posted By: chriskay Re: rhododendron gardens - 13th Oct 2014 9:19pm
http://binged.it/1tXf90T

The rods, (rhododendron gardens) is between Hoylake Rd. and Boundary Rd./Brow Rd. If you locate the last house on Hoylake Rd, nearly opposite Hurrell Rd., there is one blocked entrance opposite that house, at the tree line.
Posted By: locomotive Re: rhododendron gardens - 14th Oct 2014 6:48pm
Bennyboy, slightly off topic, your PM box is full, I've been trying to PM you. I have posted a Form Picture of St John's School pupils, a thread you started in 2011, might be of interest to you. Regards
© Wirral-Wikiwirral