Forums
Posted By: stanb free cencus - 5th Feb 2014 9:12am
I would like to ask if anyone knows of a cencus that is actually free,really free not- leaving credit card details for 14 day trial. cheers.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: free cencus - 5th Feb 2014 9:26am
Used to be able to do an 1881 census search + IGI at
click familysearch.org

They also sold the entire 1881 census on about 30 cds for £10
Posted By: bert1 Re: free cencus - 5th Feb 2014 9:52am
contact your local library and see if they have Ancestry available for you to use free. Some library's do have, it's just a matter of booking the time you want to use it.
Posted By: alan128 Re: free cencus - 5th Feb 2014 9:59am
have a look at this site you might get lucky
freecen.org.uk
Posted By: baggyuncle51 Re: free cencus - 6th Feb 2014 3:12am
you have free access to ancestry at birkenhead archives,,,,no time limit of pc's. and great help for local searches,
liverpool library has Free access 3rd floor, just join and get up to 3 hrs free, and helpdesk tuesday afternoons, free,,,,with all new surroundings...
for maritime stuff maritime museum at liverpool docks,,,,free access, wed/thu/fri
.birkenhead librarys are half hr free and pay thru nose thereafter
depending on what you are searching for,and what area...
charges for printing is 10p per a4 sheet
Posted By: chriskay Re: free cencus - 6th Feb 2014 12:11pm
Thanks, baggyuncle51; lots of useful info. there.
Posted By: YinYang Re: free cencus - 6th Feb 2014 12:54pm
Originally Posted by baggyuncle51
...birkenhead librarys are half hr free and pay thru nose thereafter
depending on what you are searching for,and what area...
charges for printing is 10p per a4 sheet

If you use Ancestry on the library computers be careful not to print of anything in colour. Regular b/w print-offs may only cost 10 or 12p each (can't remember if they went up), but colour print-offs are more like 50 or 60p each. Can get quite expensive.

Best check with a member of staff about charges before printing anything.
Posted By: stanb Re: free cencus - 6th Feb 2014 6:10pm
Thanks all,will try some of these suggestions.Been on wirral BDM but according to them I dont exist yet,lol
Posted By: Cranky Re: free cencus - 6th Feb 2014 8:29pm
You won't exist on any census info on Ancestry either. The last published one is 1911. If you need something before that looking up give me a shout.
Posted By: baggyuncle51 Re: free cencus - 7th Feb 2014 1:00am
can you specify what area and time/years you are looking into, there are a few family history buffs on here who may help. I would go to birkenhead archives for help with local info...click or copy and paste. http://www.visitwirral.com/attractions-and-activities/wirral-archives-service-p192561
they are really helpful,
for saving files I use a pen-drive.....tho Ancestry doesnt like that so check you have all the page you wish to copy...
paper and pencils are a must, as they dont like pens of any sort
Posted By: Ray_T Re: free cencus - 24th Mar 2014 5:29pm
I think you'll find that the library edition of Ancestry will allow you to send a copy of whatever you've found to "a friend" - i.e. "....... I thought you might be interested in this".

Simply send it to your home email and print out whatever you need there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral