Forums
Posted By: dave2745 Name of Block of Flats in/near Patten Street - 18th Dec 2013 7:51pm
Hi, can somebody help me? Me and my mate have been racking our brains trying to remember the name of the block of flats that used to be in or just off Patten Street (close to The Great Float pub). I just know we're gonna kick ourselves when we find out! Nonetheless, I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.
Posted By: Pattsie Re: Name of Block of Flats in/near Patten Street - 18th Dec 2013 8:32pm
Carol gardens
Posted By: bert1 Re: Name of Block of Flats in/near Patten Street - 18th Dec 2013 8:53pm
Perhaps,

Beaufort Square
Posted By: kimpri Re: Name of Block of Flats in/near Patten Street - 18th Dec 2013 9:35pm
Gilbrook Square
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Name of Block of Flats in/near Patten Street - 18th Dec 2013 10:36pm
Thank you for all your helpful answers but I believe Pattsie was right with Carol Gardens. Cheers, I'll be able to sleep tonight! wink

Beaufort Square was nearby but if I remember rightly, that was behind the Halfway House pub.

Gilbrook Square is/was off Laird Street and near to the KFC.

Thanks again for all your help. grin
As a kid the ones I remember up the Price Street corridor were, in no particular order;
Brunswick Court
Neston Gardens
Queensbury Gardens
Oak & Eldon Gardens
Livingstone Gardens

Now I've drawn a blank, any more?
vittoria court near to the seadog pub
As well as Carol Gardens which faced onto Patten Street, round the corner on Brassey Street there were Myrtle Gardens and Havelock Gardens.
i think they were called caroline gardens
Beaufort Square was nearby but if I remember rightly, that was behind the Halfway House Pub.

Gilbrook Square is/was off Laird Street and near to the KFC.

these were earlier places from possibly 1950 to 1970 as I remember
The great float hotel was in upperbeckwith street that joined pattern street was run by Hughie Toale for around the same period
new flats were built in maybe the 70/80s
Patten Street flats from the 1960s OS sheet. The area of Carol Gardens was occupied by prefabs at the end of WW2, as shown in the photo below, which also shows Beaufort Square at right.

Attached picture Patten Street flats.JPG
Attached picture Aerial photo.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral