Forums
Posted By: philmch 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 11th Jun 2013 9:18pm
Does anyone remember the details of this terrible incident that happened in the early 1990s ?

There was a group of new age travellers camped out at Deeside somewhere near Deeside Industrial Park and Sealand Ranges.

A group of youngsters from Wirral visited them in a car. An altercation of some sort took place and at least one of the youngsters was brutally murdered.

I would be grateful for any further information. Thanks.
Posted By: kimpri Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 11th Jun 2013 9:41pm
could this be what your looking for? click here
Posted By: philmch Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 11th Jun 2013 9:52pm
Thanks kimpri1, that's the case. I was told at the time that this particular group of travellers had previously been at Leasowe or Moreton Common. Did they ever get to the bottom of what actually happened ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 12th Jun 2013 1:11am
Interesting thanks.

I'd too like to know more on this, first I've heard about it.
Posted By: Dilly Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 12th Jun 2013 6:08am
I visited the camp at Moreton common every night,I never seen them cause any problems there. Always a good atmosphere and plenty of free entertainment.
I think you mean there was a car accident their was 6 young lads killed
If you bother to click on the link supplied by kimpri1
you will read this..
Last year, the East Clwyd coroner recorded a verdict of unlawful killing of all five men.

Is that classed as an accident?
Posted By: jefff3 Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 12th Jun 2013 6:18pm
I lost a freind in the crash,seem to remember couple of scouse lads going to jail.I had spoken to him that afternoon at the camp.sad memories
IIRC the travellers were gathered around the car singing "burn you b******s burn" when the fire brigade turned up. Not a nice incident.
Posted By: jefff3 Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 12th Jun 2013 9:42pm
Think that was because loads of them travellers had just been robbed
Posted By: jefff3 Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 12th Jun 2013 10:56pm
It was the 2nd year hipppies turned up at moreton shore.it was great,an all night rave in moreton.the council chased em away,we followed.the hippies moved to deeside.the wirral lads died on a sunday evenin on their way back to the camp.robbers fleein a robbery on the camp caused a head on collision.on meemory 5 yong men died
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 1990s murder at Deeside - new age travellers - 20th Dec 2020 3:00pm
July 1991 Moreton party
© Wirral-Wikiwirral