Forums
Posted By: Erainn Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 1st Jun 2013 11:31am
Looking for information and/or shared memories of a club called 'The Oasis', located I recall in Park Road West and very popular with Pink Floyd ans back in the early 1970s. Thanks smile
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 5th Jun 2013 9:25am
The only club I can think was in that area was The Great Western? (which looked like a mansion house)
Now demolished and flatlets built there
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 5th Jun 2013 9:49am
Membership card was sold on ebay

Attached picture great westerncard.JPG
Posted By: bert1 Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 5th Jun 2013 10:15am
The Great Western was 8 Park Rd West,

Oasis Club,

Attached picture oasis.JPG
Posted By: bert1 Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 5th Jun 2013 10:31am

Attached picture 70.JPG
Posted By: Erainn Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 5th Jun 2013 10:34pm
Derek oh my yes that name rings a bell and no mistake, seem to recall there was a downstairs area where they held events...and Bert, thanks for unearthing the address of the Oasis, and that is the very same in the photo? Strange how the passing of time changes memory, I had this idea of the Oasis being a fair-sized club with enough space for a dancing area and disco...seeing this building now it's hard to believe my recollection smile Yet it was definitely run as a club.
Posted By: bigpete Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 10th Jul 2013 2:00pm
'Midnight at the Oasis' da de da de da - who was that ?
Posted By: Tatey Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 10th Jul 2013 3:23pm
Originally Posted by bigpete
'Midnight at the Oasis' da de da de da - who was that ?

Doris Day.
Posted By: marzie Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 10th Jul 2013 9:56pm
it was a folk club in the sixties.
Posted By: Erainn Re: Seeking Info/Images On The 'Oasis' - 25th Jul 2013 10:37pm
Hi that's interesting..you have any recall of its layout or size? From my admittedly fazed recall I have an impression of it being small and downstairs?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral