Forums
Posted By: ZipperClub General Shop - 26th Apr 2013 9:51pm
Anyone remember the General shop that used to be on the corner of Woodview Avenue and Percy Road. Near the number 43 on the map,towards the bottom of the map. Cheers

Attached picture map.jpg
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: General Shop - 26th Apr 2013 10:14pm
I just found a photo, the kids on the pavement are standing just where the shop was.

Attached picture Percy_Road.jpg
Posted By: toffeegirl Re: General Shop - 27th Apr 2013 11:59am
I lived in daisy grove and i remember a shop on that corner and we called it jacks is that the one you mean
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: General Shop - 27th Apr 2013 2:43pm
Hi, I cant remember the name. I seem to recall lots of people behind the counter, maybe mum, dad and kids?. Also was it bottles of sterilised milk in a metal crate by your feet? Just got to much time on my hands remembering LOL. Cheers
Posted By: Dilly Re: General Shop - 27th Apr 2013 3:00pm
Wasn't the one at the bottom of daisy grove called Mrs Foy's? not certain on the spelling of the name.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: General Shop - 27th Apr 2013 7:56pm
Don't remember that far down Dilly
Posted By: solvas42 Re: General Shop - 28th Apr 2013 10:08am
The shop in question was in the 50's known as Pearce's, then it was taken over by the Bond family, then in 60's it was owned by Jim Wylie , then Jack Sheridan took it over until it was demolished in the 70's. Hope that is helpful.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: General Shop - 28th Apr 2013 10:17am
Hi, Your a star. Bond's it was when I was a lad, just couldn`t remember it. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: don_openshaw Re: General Shop - 24th Aug 2013 12:40pm
YUP, I remember it clearly as Pearce's in the late 40s, early 50s. Used to use it frequently if they were short on anything at our normal "local shop" Sherry's at the corner of Kelvin and Fairfax Roads. It was also handy from My Auntie Florrie's house which was through the second gate on the right hand side of the picture .... and about 20 paces from the door of Ma Katen's pub ( The Mona Castle ) on the corner of Percy and Wheatland Lane.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral