Forums
Posted By: Katryn Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:06pm
Whilst waiting indoor's at the train station today i seen a plaque on the wall, never noticed it before that said something along the lines of

'David Williams 20th september 1992 died New Brighton Train Station aged 21 years' with a short messagefrom his mum and dad.

Does anyone know what happened to him?
Posted By: Santos Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:08pm
I think it was when the lad was being chased by somebody, or believed he was, ran on the station and somehow got onto the lines and was killed.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:19pm
Originally Posted by Santos
I think it was when the lad was being chased by somebody, or believed he was, ran on the station and somehow got onto the lines and was killed.

aw no that's awful frown
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:46pm
Originally Posted by Santos

that was gary kelly, 1986
Posted By: Dilly Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:48pm
wasnt it purple aki chasing him?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 7:49pm
yup
Posted By: Howie69 Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 23rd Mar 2013 11:22pm
I think the lad the plaque refers to was electrocuted after touching the live rail. If I remember rightly, he was taking a shortcut home after a night out in New Brighton and sadly stumbled onto the third rail. I think he was discovered the following morning after his body was struck by the first train of the day. It could be a totally different lad the plaque refers to, but I remember a lad being killed around that time, as my workmates at Wallasey fire station had the grim task of recovering the body, one job I gladly missed due to being on leave.
Posted By: philmch Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 24th Mar 2013 10:25am
This is not the poor lad who was chased by Purple Aki. That one was in 1986.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akinwale_Arobieke

See paragraph 2.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Plaque at New Brighton Train Station - 24th Mar 2013 6:22pm
That would be very distressing. My cousin was killed in 1990 on a disued line but still electrified by the flyover by b&q he was only 11. Very sad I was only ten at the time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral