Forums
Posted By: andrewwood Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 16th Jan 2013 2:01pm
One of my great uncles (James Arthur Wood)and his family are registered on the 1911 Census as living at Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston. I can't find any reference to this establishment. I've even spoken to Hinderton Mount Residential Home but they aren't aware of any history that might have involved a school or college. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Andrew Wood
Posted By: venice Re: Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 16th Jan 2013 3:12pm
Its probably been a short lived private school- there are a few big old houses on Hinderton Rd on one side,( larger than Chester Rd's Hinderton Mount Nursing home) which could easily have been used as such. Some are flats now.
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 18th Jan 2013 2:23pm
It was an artists school/college if i remember rightly,its referred to in one of my local history books i will check it out this weekend for you
Posted By: andrewwood Re: Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 25th Jan 2013 3:11pm
Thanks Nestonlad
You could be on to something there. My uncle was a sign writer and later on started painting portraits of family members and friends. It is rumoured that some of his paintings hung in Birkenhead Town Hall. Perhaps he got the idea working at the college?

Regards

Andrew (ex-Shotton Lad)
Posted By: andrewwood Re: Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 13th Feb 2013 11:04am
Did you find anything else out about the art school?
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Mount(?) College, Hinderton Rd, Neston - 18th Feb 2013 12:30pm
Sorry mate got sidetracked i will look at my books tonight
© Wirral-Wikiwirral