Forums
Posted By: homeraway G Warbrick 1940-50s Tranmere looking for info - 21st Dec 2012 4:51pm
Hi there

After two successful first posts on here I'm now after some further help.

I am trying to trace some background on a Mr G. Warbrick who appears to have built the house my family lived in in Devonshire park Tranmere. From the deeds it would appear that he built the property in the late 1940s, its a semi detached but he lived in one of the semis.
Would suspect he was a significant person to have been able to build his own large house particularly that it had servants bells and a flag pole on the side (either that or he had ideas above his station :-))

I've done some googly searches but not come up with anything that points to him (there are loads of Warbricks)

thats all I know of him at the moment that he built the house.

Anything that you guys may have or places I should search would be good.

thanks again
Posted By: bert1 Re: G Warbrick 1940-50s Tranmere looking for info - 21st Dec 2012 5:43pm
Hi,
A possible,

Guy Warbrick born Birkenhead 1901, Guy married Nora Langley, Birkenhead 1927. His father was Thomas William Warbrick who was a Cigar and Tobacco importer, so maybe that's where the wealth came from for financing house building.
Posted By: bert1 Re: G Warbrick 1940-50s Tranmere looking for info - 21st Dec 2012 5:51pm
Thomas William Warbrick Probate.

Attached picture warbrick.jpg
hey bert you star!

you must search a better web than me

That's the best lead I have thank you, i'll take that forward, it's definitely him.
Posted By: bert1 Re: G Warbrick 1940-50s Tranmere looking for info - 21st Dec 2012 6:06pm
Homer,
If you want to put up the address of the property, I might be able to trace him through the telephone books, he's in them around that time period.
that would be great will do

with the extra amount Resworn on the will he must have had some extra cash stashed away under floor boards or something :-)

Posted By: bert1 Re: G Warbrick 1940-50s Tranmere looking for info - 21st Dec 2012 6:47pm
Private info sent
Hi Homeraway

If you contact Rob Dodd, he would be able to help you, see here

http://www.one-name.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?find=4136
© Wirral-Wikiwirral