Forums
Posted By: sturdy1 Liscard early 70's - 22nd Oct 2012 11:20am
Does anyone have memories of liscard circa 1973-1974, my cousins lived there and i got to know the place quite well, the Firemans on thursday nights, the Capitol disco on a friday night, good pubs like the Towers.
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: Liscard early 70's - 26th Oct 2012 1:58pm
What about the Welly and The Boot,the Royal Oak and the Queens all pubs still going maybe a change of name here or there but still selling beer.wine and spirits .
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Liscard early 70's - 27th Oct 2012 9:01am
I remember a cafe on Seaview Road called Koffee and Kards (I think that was the spelling). Seemed like a good idea at first, but all the cards ended up slightly curled and reeking of cigarette smoke!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liscard early 70's - 1st Nov 2012 3:47pm
The 'Shopping In Wallasey' series includes Liscard

http://www.historyofwallasey.co.uk/wallasey/Shopping_In_Wallasey_Index/index.html
Posted By: torryman Re: Liscard early 70's - 1st Nov 2012 5:41pm
What Fireman's? isn.t that near Conway Street in Birkenhead?
Originally Posted by sturdy1
Does anyone have memories of liscard circa 1973-1974, my cousins lived there and i got to know the place quite well, the Firemans on thursday nights, the Capitol disco on a friday night, good pubs like the Towers.
Posted By: atw1960 Re: Liscard early 70's - 7th Nov 2012 6:37pm
I have a question for all you Wikiwirralians of a certain age !
I'm a big fan of the band Genesis and have an album of theirs that shows a cutting of a telegram confirming a booking for a gig in the late '60s or very early '70s at a club in Liscard called Tomorrow.
This was at a very early stage of their career and the agreed fee was £50. The exact date of the gig is obscured-I can only make out the day and date ..9th October..As I say from my knowledge of the band it was probably from the early part of their career and the address was given as Liscard , Wallasey. Hope someone can help - cheers !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liscard early 70's - 7th Nov 2012 7:46pm
Sorry, can't help with your question but..... just like to agree with you about Genesis. Yes, I'm of a "certain age" too !

Scenes from a Night's Dream..... Poor Little Nemo etc....

A zillion times better than today's crapola ! (IMHO of course!)

Posted By: atw1960 Re: Liscard early 70's - 7th Nov 2012 8:18pm
I agree with your little voices Mr P - btw , Steve Hackett has just released an album covering a lot of the older Genesis stuff and is well worth a listen.He's on at the Phil next May.
Posted By: Erainn Re: Liscard early 70's - 16th Nov 2012 10:01pm
What?! Geneis played Liscard and nobody knew? Gee folks must have really been dazed & confused...tough call as to the best of their early albums, I like Foxtrot but then Again Nursery Cryme hmmmm smile
Posted By: Erainn Re: Liscard early 70's - 16th Nov 2012 10:02pm
What?! Geneis played Liscard and nobody knew? Gee folks must have really been dazed & confused...tough call as to the best of their early albums, I like Foxtrot but then Again Nursery Cryme hmmmm smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral