Forums
Posted By: sunnyside can you help - 7th Sep 2012 8:37am
their used to be a pub in the river street area /dock road area,pulled down now,anyone know or have pics i think it was in the area of the council houses remember in the latr 60/70s era sorry info is sparse
Posted By: Dilly Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 9:11am
Was this hughie tolls or something like ? I have a vague memory of going there once.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 10:06am
not sure dilly, long time ago lol,seem to remember it furthest away from the river streets,but deffo by council houses maybe end or corner of street, just going down memory lane and an old pic would of been nice.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 12:16pm
Bloodtub? Hughie Tolls rings a bell but can't for the life of me remember where that was.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 12:47pm
Wasn't Hughie Tolls on Corporation road,the four bridges end.
Posted By: Dilly Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 1:17pm
Bloodtub was ilchester square, the corporation rd one was the dolphin . Tolls may have been called the graving dock. Again only vague on this.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 1:20pm
have been in the bloodtub aka graving dock..yeah, remember dolphin, sure i would remember name if someone said it,
Posted By: Mark Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 2:17pm
click me hope that helps.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 2:36pm
Originally Posted by Mark
click me hope that helps.
thanks mark, think you have solved it for me it must of been the graving dock sounds familar, great pics and info on blood tub enjoyed the read.
Posted By: Santos Re: can you help - 7th Sep 2012 3:48pm
The Blood Tub was called the New Dock Hotel. There was a Pub on the corner of Beaufort Road and Tyne Street called the Graving Dock, it was opposite the Bidston Graving Docks. Then working towards the Four Bridges, you had the Royal Duke, corner of Duke Street, then The Dolphin,then The Royal, then the Mersey Arms and finishing with the Wheatsheaf on the corner of Pool Street and Corporation Road.
Posted By: Northender Re: can you help - 26th Aug 2015 12:08am
There was also the Half Way House at the junction of Corporation Road and Patten street demolished in the 1970's along with Beaufort Square. Here is a link to a picture taken in 1948 from Gallaher's Hill.
Click Here
© Wirral-Wikiwirral