Forums
Posted By: Fireblade Oliver Street Q - 12th Aug 2012 9:00pm
In the early 60s on the corner of Oliver Street and St Johns Street,Bhead,i'm sure there was a wrought iron firm,also a local band used to practice in the cellar,
Can anyone remember the name of the firm, or the name of the band,as its doin me ed in crazy
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Oliver Street Q - 12th Aug 2012 11:12pm
As far as I can remember on the 4 corners of the crossroads of Oliver st/St John's st were the school on 2 corners the co-op another and a sweet shop the other

Attached picture OLIVER ST.jpg
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Oliver Street Q - 12th Aug 2012 11:33pm
Some pics of Oliver street here click
Posted By: torryman Re: Oliver Street Q - 14th Aug 2012 4:03pm
Originally Posted by Fireblade
In the early 60s on the corner of Oliver Street and St Johns Street,Bhead,i'm sure there was a wrought iron firm,also a local band used to practice in the cellar,
Can anyone remember the name of the firm, or the name of the band,as its doin me ed in crazy

I remember rehearsing with a band ("group" in those days)in a cellar somewhere near Charing Cross I know there were 2 of us from Wallasey, both of us went to Oldershaw Grammar School it would be 67/68 and all that stays with me was rehearsing Van Morrison's "Gloria" for about four Saturdays and I thought we were the bees knees ...I must have been too young for the band cos it never came to anything ...but we did a mean "Gloria" G.L.O.R.I.AAAAAAAA
Posted By: torryman Re: Oliver Street Q - 14th Aug 2012 4:04pm
But that doesn't really answer your question ....sorry
Posted By: Stranger Re: Oliver Street Q - 19th Aug 2012 3:24pm

Can't remember the name of the firm but it was there.
The band who practiced in the cellar of a house a few doors up were 'The Prowlers' who were hugely popular at the time, They were playing around the same time as the Beatles made it big but were more R'n'B than Merseybeat.They also did their stint in Hamburg at the 'Star Palast'. On returning to Birkenhead they played at what was later to become the 'Glenda Jackson' theatre and so many people turned up that the police had to close Borough Rd
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Oliver Street Q - 20th Aug 2012 2:19pm
Ah - The Prowlers. I'd completely forgotten about them. Which is a bit strange because my sister was going out with Alan Davies, their vocalist, for a while.

Posted By: Fireblade Re: Oliver Street Q - 22nd Aug 2012 9:49pm
Originally Posted by Stranger

Can't remember the name of the firm but it was there.
The band who practiced in the cellar of a house a few doors up were 'The Prowlers' who were hugely popular at the time, They were playing around the same time as the Beatles made it big but were more R'n'B than Merseybeat.They also did their stint in Hamburg at the 'Star Palast'. On returning to Birkenhead they played at what was later to become the 'Glenda Jackson' theatre and so many people turned up that the police had to close Borough Rd

Top Draw fellas clap
I knew i was'nt going mad LOL,strange thing is just before
checking out Wiki tonight i found this......
http://forgottenbands.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/next-band_3919.html.

Thanks once again you've made a old man very Happy happy
Posted By: Stranger Re: Oliver Street Q - 31st Aug 2012 4:10pm

No problem............Maybe you'd be interested in this.......
http://www.theprowlerswebsite.co.uk/
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Oliver Street Q - 3rd Sep 2012 8:45pm
Originally Posted by Stranger

No problem............Maybe you'd be interested in this.......
http://www.theprowlerswebsite.co.uk/

Cheers happy clap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral