Forums
Posted By: Parker Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 7:03pm
Could anyone tell me what the big house is that you can see from the M53. It is boarded up and is close to and a similar size to mere hall.
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 7:22pm
It's on whethersafield road
Posted By: angie Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 7:27pm
I think it will be weatherfield house its been boarded up for a while and is for sale if its the right one.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 8:12pm
I was told that it contained flats is this true?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 8:25pm
Got any pics??? Maybe google earth screenshot, I can't quite picture in my mind what house you're talking about. Ta!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 19th Jul 2012 8:29pm
this place? http://www.cairncove.com/wethersfield.html
Posted By: chriskay Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 20th Jul 2012 9:36am
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL

Have you read that write-up? A good reason never to trust estate agents' particulars: apparently the house is "On the Northern slopes of Bidston Hill". Wethersfield house is a mile from the top of Bidston Hill and even further from the Northern slopes.

As an aside, can I ask people posting on the History forum to try to get their spellings correct, as sometimes people researching can be misled by wrongly spelled place/house names.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Boarded up big house Oxton / Noctorum - 20th Jul 2012 5:05pm
If my memory serves me right it was a family home in the mid 70's. I knew someone who lived in the lodge
It is currently getting renievated to flats
© Wirral-Wikiwirral