Forums
Posted By: leelad03 Wirral Cottages? - 3rd Jul 2012 7:35pm
Hey guys, i am looking online for old cottages around 16th,17th century but i cant find much. But im hoping to gather some info of old cottages not just in wirral but north wales, liverpool north west etc.

I know of one i go to in Flint which is a 17th century cottage. very lovely indeed. ill try find a picture..

[img]http://postimage.org/image/6zmpelgst/[/img]
Posted By: Dolphin123 Re: Wirral Cottages? - 4th Jul 2012 3:37pm
I know that there are some old cottages in the Area of Delemere and some very old pubs as well, you could allways do a search for Cheshire Cottages and see what results come up.

Bryan.
Posted By: kemirakid Re: Wirral Cottages? - 4th Jul 2012 7:37pm
there is a cottage next to the saughall pub in saughall massie with the date 1539 on the front
Posted By: bri445 Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 7:51am
Here's an obvious one in Lower Bebington Village.

Attached picture 946.jpg
Attached picture 945.jpg
Attached picture 2012.JPG
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 9:25am
You could try Willaston and Burton .

http://www.allertonoak.com/merseySights/WirralWB.html
Posted By: Helles Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 12:23pm
Hope the question is not in relation to metal detecting? If not, local libraries have all this information, if so, leave things alone.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 1:35pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Hope the question is not in relation to metal detecting? If not, local libraries have all this information, if so, leave things alone.

Hmmm yes, I was thinking the same in view of some of leelad03's previous posts.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 4:10pm
Originally Posted by Helles

Helles and Chris.ooops sorry
Strangers in those places are usually attacked by rather large, angry dogs and lots of them,due to being in farming and hunting zones!!
Posted By: leelad03 Re: Wirral Cottages? - 5th Jul 2012 7:12pm
Thanks for this, well yes i do look at cottages to detect in the north west, but the wirral seemed to be the hardest one to gain any info on online. but why does it seem to be abit negative the metal detecting?

I have a very good reputation now within the hobby. and i do it without making mess and by any rules owners set.

But also i do have a thing for cottages, if i drive past one id turn around and drive past it again, i found one other day in formby with a date on it i think it was 13th century was so lovely.

Honestly i have a contract with 'adlington hall' and i have also permissions at Browsholme Hall, Bidston Hall and Higher Huxley Hall. Plus that first cottage in flint. it gets me out of the house on the days im not working which is rare. and the farms are all in season now so its harder really.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral