Forums
Posted By: nestoncottrells Cottrells of Neston? - 19th May 2012 12:27am
Hello, I am descended from generations of Cottrells from Neston and am wondering whether there are any other related people still living in Neston. I have a family tree at ancestry.com.au;
(Cottrell family tree)

Ancestors lived at Bentinck St, Birkenhead and ran a dairy (early 1900's). Names included Robert Cottrell (early 1900's)
George and Daniel Cottrell (1800's). Pleased to hear from anyone.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 19th May 2012 11:02am
1916 Willmers directory

William Cottrell, Craven St, Milk Dealer.

Attached picture cott.jpg
Posted By: bri445 Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 19th May 2012 11:40am
This was Cottrells bike shop in the middle of Lower Bebington Village, which I remember from the 1940-50s. Lovely smell of rubber and oil and he used to charge accumulators as well.
Probably a relative?

Attached picture cottrell.JPG
Posted By: nestoncottrells Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 19th May 2012 12:57pm
Thank you very much. William Cottrell, Milk Supplier at 58 Craven St was my Great-Uncle, I am much obliged to you providing that record.
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 21st May 2012 11:48am
Someone else was looking for cottrells from Neston on the curious fox website
http://www.curiousfox.com/uk/mbprof2.lasso?eid=178524&-nothing
Posted By: 335steve Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 22nd May 2012 4:53pm
Maybe a heck of a coincidence , but my Grandfather Alfred Cattrell (not Cotrell) lived in Bentink Terrace? in 1891.
My Mum thought that some of the family was originally from Neston.He had brothers George and Edward.
Posted By: nestoncottrells Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 24th May 2012 7:03am
She mentions a brother called Robert who was killed in the First World War. I had an uncle who was killed in WW1, in 1918, Robert Norman. I do not have any record of a Margaret however, so I am doubting there is a connection.
Posted By: llewellyn Re: Cottrells of Neston? - 24th Jun 2020 8:10pm
one of the cottrells of neston married a man with the surname spence can not remember what year but I think they lived in Wycliffe st rock ferry in either 1891 or 1901 census I think his name was ralph spence and he worked for the gpo
© Wirral-Wikiwirral