Forums
Posted By: Capernicus Old Birkenhead - 23rd Apr 2012 11:55am
Is there any one can help me out I am looking for old photos of Birkenhead town centre during the 50s and 60s places like Oliver Street, Pym Street,, Wesley Street Hampton Street, Dacre Street, Walton Street, or Birkenhead overall I am trying to write about the history of Birkenhead, I did have a lot of pictures and information but they where destroyed a few years ago please help me out Thank You each and everyone.
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: Old Birkenhead - 23rd Apr 2012 1:08pm
Try a search on the below page link, it might help

A-Z of Pictures...
Posted By: Capernicus Re: Old Birkenhead - 24th Apr 2012 5:42am
Thank you very much some great photos here.
Posted By: holmes3 Re: Old Birkenhead - 24th Apr 2012 6:00pm
Hello Capernicus. I have an interesting book about Birkenhead with lots of photos of the town and surrounding areas. It is "Birkenhead, A Pictorial History " by Ian Boumphrey.1995 Published by Phllimore & Co Ltd.ISBN 0 85033 988 X
Posted By: hoseman Re: Old Birkenhead - 25th Apr 2012 5:06pm
Originally Posted by Capernicus
Is there any one can help me out I am looking for old photos of Birkenhead town centre during the 50s and 60s places like Oliver Street, Pym Street,, Wesley Street Hampton Street, Dacre Street, Walton Street, or Birkenhead overall I am trying to write about the history of Birkenhead, I did have a lot of pictures and information but they where destroyed a few years ago please help me out Thank You each and everyone.

For £40.00 I have about 10 framed black and whites of around Birkenhead, charing Cross, Argyle St etc, framed that i want to sell as a job lot. They are copies, but old copies!
I bought them years ago but need to sell on now. Any takers? They are quite large, about 18" X 12" frames
© Wirral-Wikiwirral