Forums
Posted By: Jessielove History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 10:26pm
I am just wondering if anyone can help me how i can find the history on my house.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 10:30pm
What age is the house and where on the Wirral is it?
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 10:30pm
Dont know the age and its in birkenhead
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 10:36pm
Originally Posted by Jessielove
I am just wondering if anyone can help me how i can find the history on my house.

Goto Earlston library, they have records of who lived in houses all over the borough from the 1800's upwards. Or there's a place in Birkenhead by the trams I believe.

When you find out who lived there do a search on their names and also a search on the address.

Why do you ask Jessie?

smile

Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 10:38pm
Its Just That ive seen a little boy walking across the landing and my mum and brother have spotted him so im just wondering weather he died here.
Posted By: Helles Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 11:49pm
Go to Birkenhead library upstairs and ask for the Kelly/Gores street directories. Look up your house and see who was living there and how far back it goes. You might also like to read up on the old Birkenhead News at the same place to see if anything happened. Might be a long job but worth it if you find what you are looking for.
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 11:53pm
Thankyou helles ill do that monday smile
Posted By: Geekus Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 11:56pm
Blimey! You sure you don't need an exorcist rather than a historian? ghost This is one for the paranormal thread.

Your best bet is to ask an elderly neighbour who may have know the previous owners/tenants of the property.
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 21st Jan 2012 11:59pm
Ill ask the elderly woman next door tomorrow and see what she says
Posted By: Geekus Re: History on my house - 22nd Jan 2012 12:03am
If your house is less than forty years old you probably wont find it listed in the Kelly's Directories, you'd need to look at the electoral registers instead.

The electoral registers only list the names of adults eligible to vote, so you still wont know if they had any young children. At least your neighbour might know if the house is reputed to be haunted.

Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 22nd Jan 2012 12:05am
Ok i will let you all know monday
Posted By: Fireblade Re: History on my house - 22nd Jan 2012 10:40pm
Originally Posted by Jessielove
Its Just That ive seen a little boy walking across the landing and my mum and brother have spotted him so im just wondering weather he died here.

Oh shucks is that all,blimey i thought it was something odd going on crazy

So where abouts in Birkenhead are u talking about
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 22nd Jan 2012 10:58pm
By st james church
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: History on my house - 23rd Jan 2012 12:01pm
To be honest jess

I carnt see there beeing much history on it to be honest
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 23rd Jan 2012 5:08pm
ok thankyou
Posted By: Jessielove Re: History on my house - 24th Jan 2012 3:56pm
Just an update i went to birkenhead library this afternoon just waiting for a phone call off a woman that deals with the history side of things so hopefully come thursday i should get a phone call thumbsup
Posted By: chris58 Re: History on my house - 1st Mar 2012 8:24pm
Have you checked to see if the house you lived in depending on how old it is was bombed in the war? maybe the boy died in the bombing or something. I have a book with the names of people who died in the war and the addresses where they were killed. It was from Waterstones. If you want to PM me your address I will happily look at it for you.
Posted By: surykata Re: History on my house - 1st Mar 2012 8:39pm
Chris58 you could be right I have the same book, listed is a friend of my mums who was killed during a bombing raid its an interesting book.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral