Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Water Tower on Greenway Rd Hr Tranmere? - 11th Dec 2011 5:04am
Does anyone have any photos please of the water tower that used to be at the top of Hawthorne rd and Greenway rd in Hr. Tranmere? I can't remember when they pulled it down to build houses but it must have been sometime between 1972-1976 ish.
I'd love to see it again and try and work out what it was about it that terrified me shocked
Posted By: bert1 Re: Water Tower on Greenway Rd Hr Tranmere? - 11th Dec 2011 6:33am
here you are.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...295/Tranmere_water_tower.html#Post242295
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Water Tower on Greenway Rd Hr Tranmere? - 11th Dec 2011 11:47pm
Thanks Bert, looking at the date on the photo it seems it was 1980's it was torn down, I'd have thought it was much earlier.
It still frightens me just looking at that picture though....funny what scares you as a child isn't it?
Posted By: Maisie Re: Water Tower on Greenway Rd Hr Tranmere? - 18th Dec 2011 7:30pm
I think it was around 1982, it was pulled down. I used to walk past it everyday for 4 years going to school.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral