Forums
Posted By: Lyn123 G. Weaver. Shop in Banning Street, Birkenhead. - 16th Nov 2011 1:34pm
Hi,
Please does anyone know what type of shop G.Weavers was?
My Grandfathers relatives married into the Weaver family.
I am wondering if the shop was anything to do with them.
I know an Aunt of his did marry a George Weaver.She came from Wilton Street,not that far away from Banning Street.
Thanks.
Lyn.
Posted By: bert1 Re: G. Weaver. Shop in Banning Street, Birkenhead. - 16th Nov 2011 1:48pm
Lyn, What year?
George Weaver had a sweet/ice-cream shop in Exmouth st next to Rodgers Cycles is that the same Weaver?
it was a bookies there were 2 brothers george and billy
I'm pretty certain that this is the parents of John Weaver who runs Skeleton Records in Birkenhead. Perhaps you could call into his shop and ask him personally ?

I was told that his mother had an ice cream parlour and his dad was a bookie.
I am talking about years ago when these family members married into the Weaver family.
One of them was 1890 and the other one was 1905.
Sadly there is no one within my family who has any information.
I have tracked down my Grandfathers almost secret childhood through Ancestry.When I saw the photo of Banning Street and the shop, well I just wondered if there was a link.
Lyn. blush
Thankyou Arsenal, there are George and William Weaver in the family I have traced on record, either one could be the shop owners Dad. I don't know how common a surname Weaver was in Birkenhead.There may be no link at all, but then again there just might be.
Lyn.
Where is Skeleton Records ? I may just pop in next time I'm in Birkenhead. I hope the guy wouldn't mind me asking him.
Lyn
Posted By: philmch Re: G. Weaver. Shop in Banning Street, Birkenhead. - 16th Nov 2011 10:08pm
Originally Posted by Lyn123
Where is Skeleton Records ? I may just pop in next time I'm in Birkenhead. I hope the guy wouldn't mind me asking him.
Lyn

1st Floor,11 Oxton Road,Birkenhead.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31249283081
Thankyou,I might just look him up.
Lyn.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral