Forums
Posted By: LisaW Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 6th Nov 2011 6:08pm
Hi, my Husband's Great x 2 Grandfather Harold Hood Sydney Walker (pictured) died in 1926 at 1 Stringhey Road. He was married to Mabel Gibbs Burcher and they had 15 children.

I've been looking on Google Streetview and can't seem to place which house it is assuming it's still there.

Any help finding the house would be great smile

Also, Harold's occupation on the 1911 census was as a Barman in a Public House. Would there be any records that would show which one it was that he worked in? In the 1911 census, he was living at 18 Abbotsfords St, Seacombe.

Thanks

Lisa

Attached picture Harold Walker.jpg
Posted By: john1788 Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 6th Nov 2011 8:58pm
is no:1 the nelson pub,could tie in why he died there if he was a barman
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 6th Nov 2011 9:18pm
no 1 would of been where the flats are behind the co-op,I used to live in the terraced houses just past them (no 15) hope this helps.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 8:04am
Hi Lisa,

I just looked on "Street-View" as well & the first original house has #13 scratched on the wall, then #15, so I guess it doesn't exist anymore.
Posted By: LisaW Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 10:03am
Thanks for the replies smile

The Nelson rings a bell for some reason. I'll check over the death cert again as i have a feeling that in the address for the place of death it said something like 1 Stringhey Road so i'd assume that means Public House.

Regards

Lisa
Posted By: Helles Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 12:01pm
Most house numbers start at the end nearest the town hall with the even numbers on the right hand side so the Nelson would probably be number two. As stated previously number one would have been where the Co-op is now at a guess.
Posted By: LisaW Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 12:14pm
Just checked again and It was the letters U.D under the address not P.H

I'm assuming the houses in the road were all the same style

Thanks again
Posted By: Helles Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 1:12pm
Urban District?
Posted By: LisaW Re: Stringhey Road, Wallasey - 7th Nov 2011 6:45pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Urban District?

Thank you smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral