Forums
Posted By: DanLongman Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 6:44pm
As sad and humble as I am, some of my earliest and fondest memories feature insisting to my mum that I wanted to climb up and toddle along this little mound of cobbles on the way into St Werburgh's Square and the rest of town. Ah...great fun! smile

Is it simply a left-over as part of the older street or is it something else all together?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 7:20pm
yeah remember doing that myself and good point but i have no idea what its use is or where it was left from

be interesting to find out though

ill keep watching this coffee
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 7:26pm
Your best asking somebody with access to some old birkenhead maps to see what was there before that structure on top. That would be a good start to make I think. Derek has some old maps I think, he has helped me out before with my enquiries
Posted By: pops49 Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 7:51pm
It use to be a road that went up to grange road and there was a news agent on the left hand side.you came out by Allisons.
Posted By: pops49 Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 7:55pm
Follow up row of houses on the left and church wall on the right.Both went from bourough rd to grange road
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 8:00pm
Austin St

Attached picture Image1.jpg
Posted By: DanLongman Re: Curious little bit of Birkenhead - 24th Sep 2011 8:10pm
Cheers!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral